Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Player of the Year dinner on 6th May - explanation

Comments

• Options
    Interesting - I have sent you an inbox message.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I've no interest (in the sense of being disappointed or otherwise) in this but have to say credit to Fanny for her detailed, transparent explanation.
  • Options
    seems fair enough to me Jean. Out of interest, seeing as this is run by the FF on behalf of the Club are any tickets allocated to each Supporters Branch? Would seem unfair to me if they are seeing as it is not a Supporters Club event.
  • Options
    Yes seems fair to me.

What numbers were the POTY dinner getting back in the golden years?

Never been, never really fancied it for some reason but are those that didn't get a ticket allowed to go in for a drink after dinner?
  • Options
    What's for dinner? Also, Solly asked yesterday if he could be on my table for the evening so if you could accomodate this, for this years POTY he would be most grateful. :-)
  • Options
    Can't speak for other groups but Bromley Addicks didn't get any allocation of tickets or any special priority.

Agree with Len. No vested interest as I never go to the POTY but thank Jean for detailed reply and for hard work organising the event.
  • Options
    I've never been to one of these events before , and am not going this year , i could have been tempted to go given the fact that the team have done well , but i didn't want to be accused of jumping on the bandwagon of success , are there any plans to make it a bigger event in terms of places available , or has it reached its limit in term of what its currently at?

Thankyou to Fanny & Ian for what i'm sure is a thankless task , hope you all have a great evening.
  • Options
    I've no interest (in the sense of being disappointed or otherwise) in this but have to say credit to Fanny for her detailed, transparent explanation.
    Much appreciated, Len.

Sometimes feel a bit isolated doing this kind of job and it is stressful but I'd do almost anything to help our Club.

• Options
    seems fair enough to me Jean. Out of interest, seeing as this is run by the FF on behalf of the Club are any tickets allocated to each Supporters Branch? Would seem unfair to me if they are seeing as it is not a Supporters Club event.
    Interesting you raised that, Large.

The answer is "No" .

In the past, I believe that CASC Branches were contacted but at NWKA we never got involved in ordering tickets for anyone- up to individuals to do this although Branches such as Maidstone may have used the service offered.

Only a couple of Supporter Groups are represented on the FF and hence would be aware that the event was in the process of being organised. As I stated earlier, it's been down to individuals to sort their own tickets since we took up the baton last year.

• Options
    Can't speak for other groups but Bromley Addicks didn't get any allocation of tickets or any special priority.

Agree with Len. No vested interest as I never go to the POTY but thank Jean for detailed reply and for hard work organising the event.
    Cheque's in the post, Henry.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    As Jean, Sorry Fanny said we will be covering it on CAFC Player.
  • Options
    Jean and Ian,
    Having organised similar functions for my golf club in the past I can apreciate the amount of time and effort required. I also sympathise as there is no way you can ever please all the people all the time, and there will always be some who feel hard done by when they miss out. I am sure that next year there will be a mad rush for tickets and there will be even more people disappointed unless the capacity can be increased to meet the increased demand. I think you should both be congratulated - rather than criticised - as your organisation has been rewarded by a marked increase in demand for tickets. I am looking forward to the evening and I will be making a point of thanking you for your hard work.
  • Options
    Aw thanks, Del.

Mine's a white wine !!
  • Options
    House white I hope!

;-)
  • Options
    House white I hope!

;-)
    Is there any other kind !!!

• Options
    Would buy You a "House white" if I was there..............
    ;-)
  • Options
    If I buy Fanny a house white on your behalf MOG, you can pay me back when we meet!
  • Options
    Git !
    ;-)
  • Options
    If I buy Fanny a house white on your behalf MOG, you can pay me back when we meet!
    Like your style, del !!

• Options
    Don't think we'll every meet if I can't get a POTY ticket............

;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ha ha
  • Options

400 -450, when using the north stand, less when using the west stand.
  • Options

400 -450, when using the COVERED END, less when using the west stand.
  • Options

400 -450, when using the COVERED END, less when using the west stand.
    Mog, you're right, I just know its at the other end to the south stand. ;-0)
  • Options
    A few points.

1. I went to Middlesbrough on a Tuesday night back in the early 90's, so I believe I have a divine right to a ticket.
    2. Why's that notorious blagger Steve Rider getting a freebie?
    3. Yes, I'm joking.
  • Options
    Don't think we'll every meet if I can't get a POTY ticket............

;-)
    You never know. You may need a roofer one day. ;-)
  • Options
    A few points.

1. I went to Middlesbrough on a Tuesday night back in the early 90's, so I believe I have a divine right to a ticket.
    2. Why's that notorious blagger Steve Rider getting a freebie?
    3. Yes, I'm joking.
    Thanks for bringing some levity to this thread, Off_it !

• Options
    Off_it,
    Nobody , I think, whilst reading this thread, feels they have a divine right to tickets.
    Some people think that, maybe, it would have been nice to reward those who went to the "awkward" POTYs where the players obviously didn't want to be, might have had a chance to go to an enjoyable evening. Unfortunatly it wasn't to be. I blame Boris & the tory party. & the EDL (mind You, I blame those idiots for most things).
  • Options
    I'm joking mate - Chillax!
  • Options

Thanks for bringing some levity to this thread, Off_it !

I just had to look that up. It said "lightness in weight".

Doesn't sound like me to be honest!