Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Actor/Musicians

2»

Comments

• Options
    What about Scully, TV series in the 80s. Not only featuring Elvis Costello as the main character's brother, you also get various Liverpool FC players popping up.

Or should I start a separate thread for 'musicians-turned-actors appearing alongside international footballers'?
    Yes, RLR, do an sportsman/woman - actors thread.
  • Options
    David Cassidy
  • Options
    Alex Lifeson - Trailer park boys - The Movie

Meatloaf - various
  • Options
    Elvis was a very good actor, unfortunately his later films were very poor. However watch him in King Creole, great film and a great performance.
    Bowie was pretty poor I thought, although as a fan I went to see all his films! The Man Who Fell to Earth in a late show at Well Hall Odeon. He got better and probably peaked in Extras!
    Frank Sinatra was good.
    Damon Alburn (sp?) from Blur was in an excellent British gangster film called Face, he was a bit wishy washy.

Cliff, Tommy Steele, Joe Brown.....
  • Options
    The Disney club crew all started as actors : Britney Spear, Christina Aguillara and of course Justin Timberlake does quite a lot of acting again now.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Olivia Newton-John

Lulu
  • Options
    Ian Dury
  • Options
    Frankie Miller did a few TV plays in the 70s as a Glasgie hardman.
  • Options
    Kris Kristofferson
    Dean Martin
    Bing Crosby
    Fred Astaire
    Glenn Frey
    Jimmy Cliff
    Doris Day
  • Options
    Issac Hayes
    Diana Ross
    Zoot Money
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sammy Davies
    Bette Midler
  • Options
    David Soul
  • Options
    I don't think you can look any further than Sinatra for singers that can act. He won an Oscar after all and, I may be going out on a limb here, but I can't see the likes of Bieber et al doing the same in the future.

Harry Connick Jr has done some good stuff too.
  • Options
    I don't think you can look any further than Sinatra for singers that can act. He won an Oscar after all and, I may be going out on a limb here, but I can't see the likes of Bieber et al doing the same in the future.

Agreed, Sinatra was a very underrated actor in this country .. The Man With the Golden Arm etc etc
  • Options
    Nick Cave
    Tom Waits
    Danny Kaye
    Ian Gillan
    Roy Harper
    Roger Daltrey

• Options
    The Kray Twins
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    david essex

Ringo Starr in That'll be the Day. Stardust was good too.

Keith Moon was in that too.

Dudley Moore Actor/Comedian/Jazz Pianist
  • Options
    Glen Campbell was in the original True Grit.
  • Options
    Steve Van Zandt - guitarist in the E Street Band and in several other projects and played a character in The Sopranos.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Agreed, Sinatra was a very underrated actor in this country .. The Man With the Golden Arm etc etc
    I think the Oscar was a best supporting award as Maggio in "From Here to Eternity" - Sinatra liked to play against type in his films supposedly to get sympathy from his female fans.
  • Options
    Noddy Holder
  • Options
    Aretha Franklin, James Brown, Cab Calloway, Tay Charles and many other musicians in the Blues Brothers.
  • Options
    The Kemps
    Luke Goss
    Justin Timberlake

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Telly Savalas?

Clint Eastwood/LeeMarvin

Richard Harris (McArthur Park)
  • Options
    Cliff Richard...