Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UEFA Places

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere recently. Just thinking ahead, how long before the English game loses a Champions League place(s) due to the lack of progress of our teams?

Comments

• Options
    It was only a year or so ago that UEFA were...commenting on the fact that our teams were dominating the European competitions, at least in terms of getting through to the latter stages even if not winning.
  • Options
    Quite a while I think. UEFA has some form of points system based on how far a nation's clubs progress in the tournament amongst other things but due to how well English clubs did throughout most of the decade they are far in front of most other countries regardless of how strong the league is now. La Liga is more likely to lose one than Englans at the moment.
  • Options
    think it would take another 2 or 3 seasons of none of them getting past say the quarter finals
  • Options
    it's a farce that you can qualify by finishing 4th, should be champions and FA Cup winners.
  • Options
    it's a farce that you can qualify by finishing 4th, should be champions and FA Cup winners.
    If they want to call it the Champions League then I agree and always have. I think they need to change the name to European Super League or something similar.

• Options
    Soon I hope.This tournament has lost its appeal and now just feels like corporate football. Too big and too long.Put it back to the way it was please. P.S. Dont expect those footie beaurocrats to listen to the fans views.
  • Options
    I like a lot of aspects of the CL.
    I like to see Chelsea crash out and sack their manager.
    I like to see Citeh crash out.
    I like to hear Wengers latest excuses.
    I like to watch Man Utd. To me the most exciting team in football. Not the best or whatever, obviously Barca are tops at the moment but with Utd you do get some great games.
  • Options
    Soon I hope.This tournament has lost its appeal and now just feels like corporate football. Too big and too long.Put it back to the way it was please. P.S. Dont expect those footie beaurocrats to listen to the fans views.
    Agreed. It should go back to the old European Cup format but it never will purely down to the money it generates.

• Options
    I think all the 'big' english clubs should sod off and play european football permanently. Perhaps then the english football league would return to some financial sanity.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2012
    a long time, and even with Champions League failure, the likelihood is one of the two Manchester clubs will win the Europa League, and that'll top the points up nicely.

Put it this way, City putting 6 past the Europa League holders helps keep us ahead of Spain, and German clubs going out to Spanish clubs keeps them in third
  • Options

obviously Barca are tops at the moment
    *except for Real Madrid.

• Options
    I think all the 'big' english clubs should sod off and play european football permanently. Perhaps then the english football league would return to some financial sanity.
    .......as long as when they come crying back they are forced to start in Division 4