Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Current Barcelona team- best European club side ever?

2»

Comments

• Options
    So we were better than Chelsea for about three years too then mate? I think the man in the street might not agree with that?
  • Options
    So we were better than Chelsea for about three years too then mate? I think the man in the street might not agree with that?
    If in that time we had won the CL, the premiership, the FA Cup and had a team dripping with internationals who would be the envy of the footballing world then yes we could have claimed to have been better than Chelsea. If you stack up the trophies won by Barcelona over the last few years - at least since Guardiola too over and compare with those won by RM in the same time frame then the equation is heavily stacked in Barcelona's favour. Despite our domination of Chelsea we never actually won anything - we even failed to qualify for Europe.

• Options
    Confused of Algarve here. One minute "despite their league position" one team is better than another, next it's all about winning stuff? My head hurts.
  • Options
    My head hurts.

Better stay in the Algarve then, the sea air will do you some good.
  • Options
    My head hurts.

Better stay in the Algarve then, the sea air will do you some good.
    :-)

• Options
    Madrid of the 60s leave Barca for dead
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Ten points clear. But if you think Real Madrid are a better team than Barcelona, you want your eyes cleaning.
    Scrubbed 'em, Real still miles ahead. National team with endless pit of debt, like I said before, if they ever don't win, it's disgraceful. ;-)

It's a squad game in the league - Barca have tended to drop points when they've rested the wrong player at the wrong time. FIrst XI-wise they are better than Real, easily.

Whether Real therefore have the better squad (and/or a better manager) is more difficult!

• Options
    It's of course all subjective but I've been watching football for 50 years and I've never seen a team that are as exiting and mesmerising to watch as Barcalona.
  • Options
    Are the club that are currently second in their league by ten points the best team in Europe?

Is it just me or is this question utterly ridiculous?
  • Options
    Are the club that are currently second in their league by ten points the best team in Europe?

Current European champions and well placed to repeat. ?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2012
    I think everyone would agree that Liverpool were best team in England in 70's/80's but doesnt mean they won the league every year.
  • Options
    Ok Real havent been able to beat Barca in the league for a few seasons but which would you prefer - lose to Barca but romp the league or beat Barca twice but finish second to them? Its not nice to lose to them, but that doesnt matter come the end of the season does it?
  • Options

Current European champions and well placed to repeat. ?

Read my post again.
  • Options
    5-0 up in their first league game of the season, it's the 40th minute.

Not sure I even enjoy watching this league anymore.
  • Options
    It's now 6-0 and not even 45 mins played.
  • Options
    Levante are a proper pub side, wednesday will be more interesting.

Barcelona still need another centre back though
  • Options
    No!
    I know who the bookies would favour if Barca played Bayern.
    Tippy Tappy football has been found out.
  • Options
    Their league is a joke.

Though knowing the media, 'Barca are back' will be everywhere.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Betis beating Madrid after 15 mins