Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cartoon comedies

2»

Comments

• Options
    South Park is the greatest TV show ever made.

Just watch "With Apologies to Jesse Jackson" it's possibly the greatest 26 minutes of television ever constructed.
    What about Scott Tenaman must die?
  • Options
    Think my favorite was 'two days before the day after tomorrow'
  • Options
    Scott Tenaman must die is amazing.
  • Options
    South Park is the greatest TV show ever made.

Just watch "With Apologies to Jesse Jackson" it's possibly the greatest 26 minutes of television ever constructed.
    What about Scott Tenaman must die?
    Scott Tenaman must die is amazing.
    Agreed.
  • Options
    Tom and jerry
    Tom and Jerry was, for some time, amazingly funny - I managed to pick up the complete set on DVD for about a tenner, bargain. So simple, so good.
    The Fred Quimby ones? That's the true T&J.

Also on South Park - Le Petit Tourette.

I was fortunate enough to attend an Audience With Parker & Stone a few years back at a TV festival. They talked through the process of making the show, about how they come up with the idea about a week before the episode airs. They do all they can to keep the lawyers from seeing the fine details.

Matt Stone: "We wanted to do one about Tom Cruise being gay, 'cos.. you know..."

Trey Parker: "So, you know, we asked the lawyers if they would be comfortable with that.... we intended to say, 'Tom Cruise is gay'. But the lawyers were like, 'no'."

Matt Stone: "So we said we were going to imply that Tom Cruise is probably gay, and they went off and came back and said 'no' again.... so we eventually said, 'what if we put Tom Cruise in the closet? I mean literally, in the closet.'... and they were fine with that."

• Options
    Stressed Eric
    Beavis and Butthead
  • Options
    Archer is the funniest ive seen but not sure how long they will make that for.

All time fav has to be SouthPark
  • Options
    Frisky Dingo. If you haven't heard of it, seek it out now! From the same guys as Archer but a lot better IMO.

Also, Ugly Americans is brilliant
  • Options
    Must be in a tiny minority but I can't stand the Simpsons. Bart needs a good going over with a cat-o-ninetails!

South Park, when it gets it right, is genius. Towelie is a legend!
  • Options
    Oh yeh forgot king of the hill.

South park does actually press on real issues in comedy fashion.
    Randy marsh is a legenday character.

Funny how all these shows are American. Their non animated comedies are usually just shit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Glad someone mentioned Courage the Cowardly Dog, just bought the DVD for my daughter (15) who along with me absolutely loves it.
  • Options
    Crapston Villas
  • Options
    Let's not forget Top Cat and The Flintstones even if they seem tame these days. I think they're great because kids love them and there's something there for adults too... possibly the same with the best of today's cartoons.
  • Options

Futurama was bordering on genius before it was cancelled - the episode with Fry's dog is surely the only cartoon that can come close to making a grown man weep.
    I thought it was just me ! Sad stuff.
    They've done it a few times - Fry's dog, Fry finding out his brother loved him and named his son after him, the montage of Leela's parents looking after her in secret all those years... sniff.

'The Sting' where Leela gets stung by a bee always brings a tear to my eye. Oh man, it's my birthday next month, I'm gonna have to ask for some Futurama DVDs - I don't have Sky, so I haven't seen any of them for about 5 years.

I've always loved The Simpsons, but the earlier episodes are definitely better; I thought the film was alright, but didn't get why everybody thought 'Spider-Pig' was so funny. It's the sort of joke I'd expect a 10-year-old to make.

Family Guy - I only like series 2 and 3, after that it just gets a bit offensive/misogynist/creepy.

I love American Dad though, I don't know why people aren't more into it - series 3 is amazing.
  • Options
    Tom and jerry
    Tom and Jerry was, for some time, amazingly funny - I managed to pick up the complete set on DVD for about a tenner, bargain. So simple, so good.
    The Fred Quimby ones? That's the true T&J.

Yep - timeless and brilliant.
  • Options
    Stressed Eric
    Beavis and Butthead
    Beavis and Butthead was irritating. Massively overrated.

• Options
    south park and anyone that watches it should be burnt at the stake
  • Options
    south park is brilliant, if you don't like it or "get it" you're probably a very boring person.

Stressed Eric and Beavis and Butthead were brilliant.
  • Options
    Think there have been some fantastic cartoons in recent years. Going back a bit I have a very soft spot for Mr. Magoo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sponge bob