Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Star Wars

Any oldies out there ever watch star wars when they first come out at the cinema? If so was it a big shock finding out that Darth was Lukes Daddy? Just curious like as I've been watching Empire Strikes Back today.

Comments

• Options
    rumour has it that Stone was in so much shock, he wouldn't leave the house for a week.

Which was pathetic considering he was 34 at the time...
  • Options
    LOL
  • Options
    Strange as it may seem, it was a sort of a 'shock' at the time (I mean, in perspective of the film only of course, before someone comes on and says 'no, someone blowing up the twin towers is a shock' etc etc). In terms of media exposure the whole trilogy was bloody huge and to have this twist in the story, when Luke, Han, Leia etc were household names, was something that was unexpected. Obviously, the way the media works today, films come and go and it's a only a few that generate as much interest and 'study' as the Star Wars trilogy (am thinking Lord of the Rings and ummm that's about it) and as a kid at the time (was born in 1970) it was bloody brilliant.

OK, I am a nerd.
  • Options
    Wouldnt say your a nerd fella. I'm sure theres a few closet fans who wont admit loving it. I knew before seeing the original three so obviously wasnt a surprise too me, but could imagine myself sitting there thinkin oh my fuckin god. As you do sometimes when theres a twist in films. a la Usual Suspects, Sixth Sense, etc...
  • Options
    Oh come on Dan...You know your a big Star Wars fan ;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]rumour has it that Stone was in so much shock, he wouldn't leave the house for a week.

Which was pathetic considering he was 34 at the time...

Thats why he now has a thing against anyone called Luke