Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Paolo Di Canio -Italian Football Is The Worst in Europe?

2»

Comments

• watched some of the german footy last night and thought it was decent

what is my logic whiskers i'm just showing attendance figures and italian crowds are down and ours are up over a ten year period

obviously crowds mean nothing , look at celtic and rangers great support shit teams

the italian game is not as strong as it once was
    But would you define great support as the number of people in a crowd or the atmosphere that is generated? You cannot argue with the numbers that the Premier League has one of the highest attendance figures (I believe I'm right in saying the Bundesliga has a higher average attendance) but I'm sure most of us know the atmosphere inside English stadiums can be fairly soulless.

I've been to a number of games in Italy and the support has been fantastic, possibly the best was standing with some Pisa ultras in a Serie B game a couple of years ago. Was fantastic, chanting the whole time, bouncing, flags the lot and this for a second tier match on a Tuesday night. I've also been to the Giuseppe Meazza for a Milan game, and while it wasn't even half full I heard one of the infamous "bombs" go off, very surreal but at the same time very exciting.

Now I compare this with the number of Premiership grounds I've been to and they don't even come close for passion in the stands.
  • As was illustrated the other night at Stamford Bridge!!
  • edited March 2012
    What are the European averages for their 2nd and 3rd tier football compared to ours.

That should give some idea of grass roots footy support. Very surprised if many of them have 8/9 teams capable of 20k +