Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Support for the last 9 games

I know I'll be shot at from all sides for this thread but here goes...........

SCP has ultimately picked out a team that has held us at the top of League 1 since September. Our record has been second to none thus far and I feel that many of us at the start of the season would have ripped our right arms off to be where we are right now.

The tension and nervousness that has emitted from the ground the past few months I personally feel is the product of the last five seasons where we have witnessed some dreadful stuff on the pitch and I would be the first to admit that I am one of the most prominent nail biters for that reason.

Having been to all the home games and some of the away matches this season, I have, on many occasions, been in the unfortunate position of witnessing and hearing some terrible stuff aimed at SCP and the Team. Without sounding like a complete hypocrite, I have myself shouted on a few occasions at some of the performances but ultimately cheered the team on no matter what.

I do not wear rosey coloured glasses before anyone asks but this much I do know.....

1.A team will not perform at their best if under duress but will try harder if their supporters are behind them

2.Expressing your discontent at a player will only affect their self esteem and confidence......they are human after all

3.If you are a supporter......then do just that

I am not and never will be a Football Manager (except on Fifa 12 where I am held in high regard!).

In a nutshell.........we have 9 games left so lets do our best to help the team acheive the common goal.......Promotion.

I thank you!!

Comments

• Options
    Crickey Charlton Heston , could do with you giving the Churchillian Team Talk on Tuesday night! :-0

Hope the players and fans give it their all for the remaining games.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    @Charltonheston68 nice post mate.
  • Options
    I also do weddings, parties............ :-)
  • Options
    I will be at the away games at Huddersfield and Carlisle with most of the Ayrshire Charlton supporters.COYR.
  • Options
    unfortunately here you are talking to us freak shows that are very passionate about our team

even the pessimist/realists get behind their team as much as the optimist/rose tinted/fingers in ears eyes closed la di da di da i can see no problem brigade

if the whole crowd got behind the team like we all prolly do from here we'd sound like a passionate bunch of fans but unfortunately it doesn't work like that and as a whole our support is lame

but you can but ask
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Better to sit in silence than boo and moan and groan.

It's an advantage usually to have 5 of the last 9 games at home.

I'm not so sure though with us!
  • Options
    You need to speak to the 2 blokes that sit next to me in the East Stand.............booing like good-un's they were last Saturday after the 3rd goal went in & never let off after then. Good job they haven't been there on recent mid-week games - perhaps they aren't allowed out after dark !!
  • Options
    I heard most of your crowd started to leave at half time against Notts Co was this true?
  • Options
    Noh, only ta get beers ant pies in.
  • Options
    I heard most of your crowd started to leave at half time against Notts Co was this true?
    Yes. There were only the players and most of our bench left in the ground.

Chris Powell left 10 minutes before half time.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Haha. You didn't hear that, you just saw it on the football league show. A few people left but not many.
  • Options
    All true. They heard Wednesday were coming down so they all bricked it and left. True story dat.
  • Options
    and you lot moaned about our fans on your forum.
  • Options
    Come on lets get behind the lads,SCP is doing a great job he is on a massivie (P*** off wendies!) learning curve and being nine points clear at this stage is brilliant.Ive been following our great club since my Dad took me first in 1974 Ive seen unbelievable highs and lows, it matters so come on lets get behind the lads and see the job through.
  • Options
    Haha. You didn't hear that, you just saw it on the football league show. A few people left but not many.
    Loads of people left you could see all the empty seats in the second half must admit that is pathetic support even if they were p122ed off about being 0-4 down at half time, no excuse after the season you have had.

• Options
    those empty seats were probably there the first half as well...
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure being a massive team along side us some of your fans would have done the same. Was just a huge reminder of the past few seasons we've had so a few fans thought better of their time than to watch 45minutes more of it.
  • Options
    Loads of people left you could see all the empty seats in the second half must admit that is pathetic support even if they were p122ed off about being 0-4 down at half time, no excuse after the season you have had.

Yep, pathetic support. Not MASSIVE support. I reckon we should give up now and just hand the title to your mob. Silly of us to think we stood a chance really.

Still, was nice while it lasted - particularly coming up there and turning you over on your own patch. Was really satisfying seeing all the norvan muggy faces looking like they'd just licked piss off a nettle afterwards.

• Options
    You need to speak to the 2 blokes that sit next to me in the East Stand.............booing like good-un's they were last Saturday after the 3rd goal went in & never let off after then. Good job they haven't been there on recent mid-week games - perhaps they aren't allowed out after dark !!
    Please introduce me to them at the next match, Golfie. Presume you don't mean your Dad and Large.....

I'll sort 'em out. No-one messes with Fanny.
  • Options

Yep, pathetic support. Not MASSIVE support. I reckon we should give up now and just hand the title to your mob. Silly of us to think we stood a chance really.

Still, was nice while it lasted - particularly coming up there and turning you over on your own patch. Was really satisfying seeing all the norvan muggy faces looking like they'd just licked piss off a nettle afterwards.

Funny that because I thought the same when I saw your mugs against Nott Co at half time on tv, nevermind though at least we got em for ya? away too lol

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Those two are just unbelievable. I'm amazed that you've never had a row with them. I really think that you should take out all your anger and frustrations on them golfie - everyone would benefit from that.
  • Options
    edited March 2012

Funny that because I thought the same when I saw your mugs against Nott Co at half time on tv, nevermind though at least we got em for ya? away too lol

"on tv"

Nice try, but not quite the same really as turning up on someones manor and having them over face to face now, is it.

Run along now yorkie - you're embarrassing yersen again!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    @operationpig Go away, your 'banter' is lamentable.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Yeovil are decent away
  • Options
    What's gonna be nice is when you disapear and don't come back because we're celebrating promotion...
  • Options
    I know I'll be shot at from all sides for this thread but here goes...........

SCP has ultimately picked out a team that has held us at the top of League 1 since September. Our record has been second to none thus far and I feel that many of us at the start of the season would have ripped our right arms off to be where we are right now.

The tension and nervousness that has emitted from the ground the past few months I personally feel is the product of the last five seasons where we have witnessed some dreadful stuff on the pitch and I would be the first to admit that I am one of the most prominent nail biters for that reason.

Having been to all the home games and some of the away matches this season, I have, on many occasions, been in the unfortunate position of witnessing and hearing some terrible stuff aimed at SCP and the Team. Without sounding like a complete hypocrite, I have myself shouted on a few occasions at some of the performances but ultimately cheered the team on no matter what.

I do not wear rosey coloured glasses before anyone asks but this much I do know.....

1.A team will not perform at their best if under duress but will try harder if their supporters are behind them

2.Expressing your discontent at a player will only affect their self esteem and confidence......they are human after all

3.If you are a supporter......then do just that

I am not and never will be a Football Manager (except on Fifa 12 where I am held in high regard!).

In a nutshell.........we have 9 games left so lets do our best to help the team acheive the common goal.......Promotion.

I thank you!!

Couldn't agree more. Unfortunatley too many supporters who came along during the premiership years have unrealistic expectations. What they need to realise is that with good positive support and this team we can achieve promotion and push on again. If we were mid table or worse i would understand the negativity but we are clear top and have had a fantastic season so far, no one would dare have predicted that with 9 games to go we would be 9 points clear.
    Believe in Chris Powell and this board and lets see where the journey takes us
  • Options
    9 points clear with 9 games left and 9 points will probably be enough to confirm at least 2nd place.

So it's all nines at the moment - yet people think we're at sixes and sevens?
  • Options
    9 points clear with 9 games left and 9 points will probably be enough to confirm at least 2nd place.

So it's all nines at the moment - yet people think we're at sixes and sevens?
    999 - Emergency which service do you require?

• Options
    Ambulance case?
    Fire fighting?
    Need to police their strikers?

No, just points in the right direction