Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Getting to ground late

Just a quick question as I have never turned up to a game late.

I am at a wedding on may 5th and then rushing to the ground. I will probably get to the valley at 3:30pm. Will there still be people at the turnstiles to let me in? I'll be in east stand near the ne corner.

Comments

• Options
    There until half time i should imagine
  • Options
    Gotta laugh JT....that comment is really quite funny mate!!

• Options
    Sack the wedding!

The Bride/Groom will understand that the day Charlton win the league and raise the Cup will be far more important than a bit of sex killer sorry Wedding cake!!
  • Options
    No, it will all be locked up and you'll have to stand outside listening to us doing the conga in the covered end................
  • Options
    Gotta laugh JT....that comment is really quite funny mate!!

I don't get it?
  • Options
    Think it's a dig at people leaving at HT chirps.....................
  • Options
    Wasn't intended that way, was a genuine comment !
  • Options
    Earlier this season I managed to get a steward to let me into the East Stand 20 minutes into the second half so you should be fine.
  • Options
    Phone the club...they might leave the latch off on the turnstile for you...;o)
  • Options
    Go into the main reception they will take you through
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Should be fine. I was unable to get to a home fixture earlier this season till 3.15 and got in no problems. (Who would have thought that drinking with friends in West London till 2.30 would mean you miss kick off).
  • Options
    If you get there at half-time you'l be able to sneak in when they open to gates to let everyone out for a fag.
  • Options
    Don't know if it's changed since I worked on the turnstiles, but back then (mid to late 90s) all the turnstiles for the stand would close 15 minutes into the game apart from 1, which would remain open until half time. I'm not sure how that works with the West Upper though as there's no single concourse, so reception is probably your best bet if you're sitting in the West Upper.
  • Options
    Surprised that we haven't had a definitive answer to this question?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Go into the main reception they will take you through
    How can they do that......he's in the east stand Smiffy?
    It seems that if you're in the West Stand there's not so much of a problem....but if your sitting elsewhere the question still hasn't been answered.

• Options
    Got the answer from the commercial department.
    Yes, it's easier to get in if you're in the West Stand.
    However, at least one turnstile will remain open in each stand until half time.