Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Travellers Runs

edited March 2012 in Not Sports Related
Gonna regret this. Seem to have picked up a bug on my travels, not feeling sick but have "bottom problems" TD.
Shall I take Imodium or should I let nature take its course? Conflicting advice on t'internet

Comments

• Big what, not a potatoe by any chance?
  • Imodium is the nuts.
  • Drink plenty of water. You need to rehydrate
  • Take nothing and let your body cleanse itself. Get some prunes inside you for a thorough detox mate!
  • Prunes you have got to be joking ! Think I will see how it goes in hope I am better tomorrow
  • Imodium will help stop the symptoms, I recomend taking it as if you dehydrate too much, it could be dangerous....plug the flow so to speak... also take some form of rehydration drink to replace lost electrolytes....
  • OohAah is the man for the 'bottom area'
  • Try not to cough
  • Have Bran Flakes and prunes for breakfast, a light lunch of beans on toast and a good hot Ruby for dinner washed down with about six pints of Guinness.

Home runs are far more civilised.
  • Sponsored links:

• before you go to bed have a couple of pints of beetroot juice and then in the morning do what Addicked says
  • a book and a bottle of water. Ride it out. Some rehydration salts if you really need it. I wouldn't bother with immodium unless you have to go somewhere
  • a book and a bottle of water.
    or a mop and a bucket

• A nappy and a bottle of water
  • Still hot problems but a little better I think. Def not having prunes and beans though. Had toast and eggs for breakfast.
  • Tepid water with teaspoon of salt and sugar. Or better still sachets of Dioraylte.
  • Depends where you've been. Take immodeium but stop after 24 hours, if it returns, you have a bug (probably a parasite) which needs to be killed and immodium will only delay it, causing more problems. You will need to see a doctor for some antibiotics.

If you are still in the country you caught it, go immediately to the chemist as they will know the local germs and be able to get rid of them very quickly.
  • Any pics ?
  • edited March 2012
    Can't help stressing how important it is to make sure you replace vital salts and electrolite trace elements back into your system when you have the "dreaded runs."....this is especially important where kids are concerned.
    Lot's of folk take Imodium, which is great of course, but that's only half the job done, you also need to use rehydration powders....readily available at any chemists (no prescription required).
    Not only do the powders rehydrate you but they make you feel much better in yourself (helps get's rid of that muzzy headache and washed out feeling)....readily available in a number of different fruit flavours, you simply mix them into a glass of water.
    I believe Boots do their own brand.
    So folks, don't just take Imodium on holiday with you but remember the rehydration powders as well.............I guarantee you 100% you'll not regret it should the need arise.

That'll be £25 please......I fank yew!

Dr SoundAs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Try not to cough
    Nice One Dave!
  • I asked the doctor this recently, as I never knew whether immodium helped treat the cause, or whether it just acted as a cement. The answer is it just acts as a cement & doesn't actually treat the cause.
    So if you're indoors let nature take its' course, but if you're going out use immodium.
  • Am now cured thank you for your help
  • Glad you are ok Kimbo.

You blaming the Zanzibar pizza or the dodgy tea ?
  • Probably withdrawl symptoms on the tea or the veggie club sandwich in Tanzania or the copious amount of fruit I ate at the spice plantation :)
  • Coffee is always the best for a good clear out. If i drink coffee im on the bogs for at least 20 mins