Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield vs. Charlton | 24th March 2012 | Match Preview, Predictions, Teams, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    I've never claimed to be the No. 1 fan, this will be only my 9th L1 away across the 3 seasons. But with 7 wins & a draw so far I might be a lucky mascot. So we will return with a point, but only if Hollands & Russell are at their best
  • Options
    3-1 to the mighty haddocks.
  • Options
    We have won 34 drew 16 and lost 28 times to Huddersfield. The last time we beat them on their patch was 99/00 season. Could this be a good omen i wonder.
    Addicks to win a tight game 2-1
  • Options
    hudds 2-0
    They need it more than us.
    But then again I think it might be 2-0 to us.
  • Options
    hudds 2-0

They may "need" it more than us but we WANT it more than them....another step towards promotion.

Believe.

• Options
    1-0 to us. We will erect the shield as we have all season in games like this and then take one of our chances and that will be that.
  • Options
    Given that Cook only met the players Tuesday evening and has now trained with them I think he's going to start. And with Hayes back and given Powell's quotes, I think he'll be on the bench.

Unfortunately for N'Guessan, he'd miss out and Pritchard would make way for Hayes.

So I reckon we will line up: Hamer, Solly, Cort, Morrison, Wiggins, Wagstaff, Hollands, Russell, Cook, Kermorgant, BWP

Subs: Sullivan, Taylor, Green, Stephens, Hayes

That's a fantastic bench to have if things don't go to plan, but I have a sneaky feeling were going to come away with 3 hard earned points, 2 1 win. Morrison and BWP with the goals
  • Options
    Huddersfield Town 3 v CAFC 1 .. The Terriers are bang back in form and are desperate for automatic promotion points. The new manager Grayson has got them playing his way, tougher and more defensive than they were under Clark. I strongly fancy them to beat us tomorrow and then to lose to Wednesday in the p/off final.
    Our team ? .. an unchanged starting eleven from Tuesday with Hayes coming into the sixteen.
  • Options
    Let me rain some optimism on this thread!!!!!!!!!!!

I totally agree with the general pessimism which is strongly associated with the last few years of bad luck/referees/decisions/team selections etc, etc, etc......

HOWEVER!!! We are taking our final few steps towards the big leap and I for one have every faith in SCP and the Boys!!

No rosy coloured specs, no blind faith, none of that at all......

CAFC 2- HT 0

Generally, we play at our best against the upper teams and after the one off embarrassing defeat to Notts County I don't believe it will happen again.

I place my faith in the team and SCP.... 3 points and a step nearer to the finishing post
  • Options
    Looking forward to watching this :D I reckon a ground out 2-0 to us that maybe we look like we didn't deserve ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    While my CL is totally buggered up at the moment I i have only just managed to stumble my way onto this thread its going to be 2-0 CAFC with Yann and Waggy getting the goals.
  • Options
    Prediction time from Sunny Florida so.......The Athletic's to shut out the Town with B Dubya Phillips continuing his hot streak bagging 2 scores with assists from Scotty Wagstaff and Ray Wiggins. 2 zip to the Red Rockets. Go Addicks...........
  • Options
    1-0 to us or 0-0
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    It's grim up north.

BWP will continue to acquire goals. As will Jordan Rhodes. 1-0 to us early doors (BWP), 1-1 end of first or beginning of second (JR). 2-1 to them by the 70th minute (JR again), then Hayes with an equaliser and a point to make.

2-2, plodding towards the finishing line.
  • Options
    Blip over - 1-2 BWP and B1g Yann
  • Options
    In the last 10 they've had 3 wins, 6 draws and 1 loss. We've had 5 wins, 3 draws and 2 losses. They've scored 15 and conceded 11. We've scored 17 and conceded 10. At home they've won twice, drawn twice and lost once. Away we've won twice and drawn twice.

I'd like to revise my assessment. I think we're going to win.
  • Options
    Let me rain some optimism on this thread!!!!!!!!!!!

I totally agree with the general pessimism which is strongly associated with the last few years of bad luck/referees/decisions/team selections etc, etc, etc......

HOWEVER!!! We are taking our final few steps towards the big leap and I for one have every faith in SCP and the Boys!!

No rosy coloured specs, no blind faith, none of that at all......

CAFC 2- HT 0

Generally, we play at our best against the upper teams and after the one off embarrassing defeat to Notts County I don't believe it will happen again.

I place my faith in the team and SCP.... 3 points and a step nearer to the finishing post
    We will continue with our fantastic record against the top six sides, a draw at least
  • Options
    hudds 2-0
    Come on Keston make your mind up is it 2-0 to them or 2-0 to us or do you want to go for a draw
  • Options
    Surely the safe money would be on a draw, however I can see us doing this 1-2.

Come on Charlton
  • Options
    Feeling more optimistic today. Record in Yorkshire speaks for itself
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A big factor could be the pressure - Town have to win and Tuesday's victory means we don't. That is a big reason why I have a good feeling but a lot will depend on us not conceding an early goal.
  • Options
    Going for a draw and plenty of goals. 3-3 as both sides go for it.
  • Options
    I be hoping for 3 points.as i be a guest of the board after i won the prize in the auction.am really nervous as i think huddersfield are no mickey mouse team and they need the points.but paul hayes will get the winner after coming off the bench in the last 20 mins. fingers crossed we get the results and to all surpporters that going up enjoy the day atb tony
  • Options
    1-2 (Rhodes) (Waggy & BWP)

Hamer
    Solly
    Morro
    Cort
    Wiggins
    Waggy
    Hollands
    Russell
    N'guessan
    Kermorgant
    BWP

Subs: Sullivan,Taylor,Green,Cook,Hayes
  • Options
    Robinson!!!!!
  • Options
    Hayes with a late winner would be quality.
  • Options
    win for the mighy addicks 3-1. BWP amongst the goals
  • Options
    I'll be watching my 2nd game of the season! Me and me mate Steve both live in Halifax he's a Shayman and we were in opposite ends in January but both class each others teams as our 2nd teams - if anyone likes real ale and coming by train check out theheadofsteam.co.uk/huddersfield-drinks/ we'll be in there from lunch time, looking fwd to it COYR...
  • Options

Lack of logic on these predictions if you don't mind me saying so.

Compared with season overall we have been pants in our last 4 and only a flukey goal against a team with nothing to play for allowed us the flattering 3-0 on Tuesday night (enjoyable though it was).

HT are the second best team in the League and will prove it on Saturday. If they score first, we are stuffed.

We were magnificent against them at home but are just too tired, nervous and leggy to withstand the big first half assault they will launch at us with their home support up for it.

Two things in our favour are Grayson who can get things badly wrong and BWP who is on fire.

Might nick a draw if we hold out until half time but no chance of 3 points and 20% risk of a spanking. Sorry just being realistic.
  • Options
    Just think is the team that wants it more will win, this game isn't make or break for us but win and I would say all but over the line, lose and gonna get tight at the top. Draw wouldn't hurt either team. NLA right tho can't see us winning its the charlton way.
    Let's pray that charlton player turn up and wanna play otherwise it's gonna be a long afternoon

Addick 4 life