Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Champions, Champions!

No, not Charlton Athletic FC, yet, or even Celtic but the Charlton Athletic Quiz team.

For the second year running Dave Lack and his boys, include more than a few Lifers have put the rest of London to the sword.

Well done Chaps. Presentation on the pitch?

Comments

• Options
    Cheers. Good effort by everyone to win the league again. The individual competition won by yours truly, and we still have the cup and also the memorial trophy to play for.
  • Options
    Throw a few of the questions out if you want - see if people can match your efforts. Don't google the answers though otherwise DaveRudd/eldavide will get angry!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Cheers Henry, it was a tough evening but a second place on the night was enough to win the title once again. There was even an appearance by our supersub Swerve!
  • Options
    Congrats peeps. Well done! And to go through the season without any injuries, red or yellow cards, players in the papers, WAGS running wild... a credit to the game!
  • Options
    In 2003/2004 Everton fans voted on their best ever eleven. There were 7 englishman, 2 Welsh, 1 Scot and an Irishman. Name the eleven? (we got all eleven) 4 4 2 formation.
  • Options
    Neville Southall

??
    David Unsworth
    ??
    ??

Graham Stuart
    ??
    ??
    ??

Dixie Dean
    Duncan Ferguson
  • Options
    Southall
    Labone
    Harvey
    Kendall
    Lineker
    Dean
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I should point out that a year or so ago we were asked "Who has had the shortest reign ever as a Premier League Manager" We assumed that it couldn't be Les Reed as no questions are meant to be asked that have a direct association with one of the teams involved in the quiz. We looked a bit daft when the answer was read out later...........
  • Options
    Alan Ball & Keith Newton
  • Options
    Dean
    Ball
    Labone
    Newton
    Lineker
    Kendall
    Stevens
    Ratcliffe
    Southall
    Sheedy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dean
    Ball
    Labone
    Newton
    Lineker
    Kendall
    Stevens
    Ratcliffe
    Southall
    Sheedy
    7/11 mate

• Options
    I should point out that a year or so ago we were asked "Who has had the shortest reign ever as a Premier League Manager" We assumed that it couldn't be Les Reed as no questions are meant to be asked that have a direct association with one of the teams involved in the quiz. We looked a bit daft when the answer was read out later...........
    Was Steve Coppell not shorter than Reed?
  • Options
    Was Steve Coppell not shorter than Reed?
    Definitely about 5'7''
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Andre Konchelskis, Johnny Morrissey & Joe Royle?
  • Options
    Yes indeed he was, however Man City were in the League below that year I beleive.
  • Options
    Andre Konchelskis
    Don't think he's from the UK and Ireland!

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Andre Konchelskis
    Don't think he's from the UK and Ireland!

Good spot 'that's why you've retained the cup, that's why you've retained the cup'!...............don't suppose he had an Irish setter dog thereby qualifying to play for Jack Charlton's teams?
  • Options
    bloody anoraks.

well done.
  • Options
    Last go and then I'm going to have my afternoon nap.................Alex Young.
  • Options
    Not trying to piss on your fire, but I really can't see the point of pub quizzes anymore. The winners are not the smartest but those that can google/wiki on their mobiles the fastest. Taken all fun out it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But it's not a pub quiz. It's a football quiz and the questions aren't the sort of thing you can easily google.

Anyway well done to our boys.
  • Options
    In 2003/2004 Everton fans voted on their best ever eleven. There were 7 englishman, 2 Welsh, 1 Scot and an Irishman. Name the eleven? (we got all eleven) 4 4 2 formation.
    The team is as follows

Neville Southall
    Gary Stevens
    Ray Wilson
    Brian Labone
    Kevin Ratcliffe
    Trevor Steven
    Alan Ball
    Peter Reid
    Kevin Sheedy
    Dixie Dean
    Grahame Sharp