Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Pie Thread

Comments

• Options
    What's your favourite pie?

Mines Steak and Guinness!

Looks nice BDL
  • Options
    Shepherd's Pie at The Ivy

Or Manze's, Tower Bridge Road.

Fancy a DD now!
  • Options
    Had a pie at Rochdale this season that was so good I walked straight back down and got another.

Spotland Rochdale, worst ever.
    Typical... Were you two eating at the same game? ;-)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Had a pie at Rochdale this season that was so good I walked straight back down and got another.

Typical... Were you two eating at the same game? ;-)
    Only one way to find out......................................FIGHT!!!!

• Options
    My Missus has become a pie making expert just to feed my pie addiction. I have eaten thousands of pies and none beat hers.
    My favorite. Fry in a Pie. Full fried breakfast (Saus, bacon, beans, egg, black pudding) in shortcrust pastry makes Scidbox a happy boy.
  • Options
    I love pie in all varieties.

The best at a match was at Norwich in 96. The pie itself wasn't anything special but when you give them a fiver and they give you change of a £20 it tastes all the better. ;-)
  • Options
    My Missus has become a pie making expert just to feed my pie addiction. I have eaten thousands of pies and none beat hers.
    My favorite. Fry in a Pie. Full fried breakfast (Saus, bacon, beans, egg, black pudding) in shortcrust pastry makes Scidbox a happy boy.
    Healthy!! Not being funny but that sounds gross.

• Options
    What? Do you know what a pie is Ade? :-)
  • Options
    had a really nice Slow cooked Ox cheek & red wine pie with kale colcannon in the railway in blackheath a couple of sundays back.

love all home made pies really, my mum makes a brilliant lamb stew and that topped off with some pastry is, well it's actually making my mouth water just thinking about it!
  • Options
    Different culture, different habits. Ok, my tastes might be a bit special (love snails and frogs with garlic) but will never put vinegar on chips (or on anything else TBF).
    Half-time at Rochdale, someone said "lovely day, leading two nil, what would we want more" to which I answered "a shame the pies are rubbish". The guy in front
    of me turned around and said something like "you must be joking, they're delicious". Was it you, AFKA, or maybe you, Algarve? It's the potatoes which put me off,
    it's as if you eat bread with spaghetti.
    At Hartlepool I had a handicap and fell on a seated fan, my pie with me. A steward went and got me another one, for free. Was so touched I found the pie lovely.
    And it was, really.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Best pie I have had in a while gotta be chicken and veg purchased from the bun shop on the corner of my road. When dining out I frequently eat a steak and abbot ale pie
  • Options
    1. Steak and Oyster Pie

2. The 'home made' Pork Pies from proper butchers shops.
  • Options
    Just had to have a chicken pie tonight after reading this thread .... funnily enough quite a few pies ended up in the old trolley after reading this thread.
  • Options
    ....Who ate all the pies.....?
  • Options
    Remember the fat trainer who used to fling out pies into the crowd whilst prompted by the above song...
  • Options
    Different culture, different habits. Ok, my tastes might be a bit special (love snails and frogs with garlic) but will never put vinegar on chips (or on anything else TBF).
    Half-time at Rochdale, someone said "lovely day, leading two nil, what would we want more" to which I answered "a shame the pies are rubbish". The guy in front
    of me turned around and said something like "you must be joking, they're delicious". Was it you, AFKA, or maybe you, Algarve? It's the potatoes which put me off,
    it's as if you eat bread with spaghetti.
    At Hartlepool I had a handicap and fell on a seated fan, my pie with me. A steward went and got me another one, for free. Was so touched I found the pie lovely.
    And it was, really.
    Fair response Ade, no it wasn't me, sadly. So pie and chips with a slice of bread and butter puts you off? Or spag bol with garlic bread is a no-no? I should also point out I love frogs legs in garlic and wouldn't turn my nose up at snails with garlic either... :-)
  • Options
    So frogs legs and garlic pie it is then?
  • Options
    It's all about the pasty here in Devon.
    Large peppered steak from Ivor Dewdney, take a bite from the end then pour in your sauce of choice in the gap between the top of the filling and the pastry.
    Good times.
  • Options
    The best Cornish Pasty I've had in recent years was in the Geevor Tin mine museum, lovely!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Meat and potato pie, especially from Higginsons of Grange-over-Sands... best pies in England. We're calling in for some on our way to the Carlisle match.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    a good old scottish pie from a scottish chippy covered in chippy sauce
  • Options
    Remember the fat trainer who used to fling out pies into the crowd whilst prompted by the above song...
    I cant remember his name but it was a great crowd pleaser!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Melton Mowbray (Leicestershire) is the undisputed 'home' of pork pies.
    Many of you will know of Dickens & Morris pork pies, which can be found in some supermarkets (Waitrose for example) they are the best mass produced pork pies out there....however, visit their shop in Melton Mowbray High Street and buy one there.... still warm from the ovens....absolutely different class.
    Some of them are enormous and you almost need a wheel-barrow to take 'em away in!!!
  • Options

Andy Jones wasn't it?

Speaking of which, Andy Jones the striker looked like he might have been partial to the occasional pie
  • Options

Andy Jones wasn't it?

Speaking of which, Andy Jones the striker looked like he might have been partial to the occasional pie
    I seem to remember that he got banned from throwing the pies into the crowd cos of health & safety
  • Options
    Beef Burgundy in BeauMauris Melbourne, or it might have been Brusnwick... I forget now the memory's awful. Even garage aussie pies completely rule over gourmet pies in this country. Don't know how we en masse make such awful pies in the SE. Goddard's steak and kidney was nice, but nowhere near as good as most pie shops in Melbourne.
  • Options
    chicken and bacon with loads of mash and a boat load of gravy..home made of course!
  • Options
    That little exchange with George Osborne was very funny.
  • Options
    Beef Burgundy in BeauMauris Melbourne, or it might have been Brusnwick... I forget now the memory's awful. Even garage aussie pies completely rule over gourmet pies in this country. Don't know how we en masse make such awful pies in the SE. Goddard's steak and kidney was nice, but nowhere near as good as most pie shops in Melbourne.
    Yes, the Aussies have this image of bondai beach, and shrimps on the barbie, but when you get there you realise they are a nation of pie eaters!
    Adelaide for example has it's pie floater, a pie floating in pea soup/liquor