Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Massive fans on 606

edited March 2012 in General Charlton
Dunno if anyone just heard the owls fan on 606. Insulted smaller championship clubs and banged on about wednesday attendances and how arsenal are looking forward to playing them. Every caller is now getting asked if their club is bigger than wednesday haha!

Comments

• Options
    god im bored of that club, we talk about them all the bloody time
  • Options
    Just thought it was typical wednesday its laughable
  • Options
    If they have any normal, reasonable fans, they must be so so embarrassed.
    Fortunately, I don't think they do.
  • Options
    Yep. I heard it. Complete muppet saying how man utd, arse and Liverpool cant wait for wendys to be back in the prem. And it's embarrassing being below Barnsley and Donny.

Their was one Wendy who came on after and had a pop at him for saying what he did.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I was at Orient today and I know this will not be popular but I was impressed with their support.

They filled the West Stand and sang through the whole game and got behind their team .On the pitch their team basically outmuscled the O's who almost looked liked a school team in comparison.
  • Options
    What you have to remember is that if you live in Sheffield there is nothing to do, absoloute sh*t hole, so going on the radio or other peoples sites is about all they have in life, other of course than delusions of grandeur.
  • Options
    hillsborough is a massive rusty tin shack and it aint even worth feck all for scrap and tin is selling quite well at the moment big club my arse you av Llera playing for u for f--ks sake.
  • Options
    What you have to remember is that if you live in Sheffield there is nothing to do, absoloute sh*t hole, so going on the radio or other peoples sites is about all they have in life, other of course than delusions of grandeur.

That is almost as much garbage as a load of the crap that comes out of their fans mouths mate.
  • Options
    Sorry mate but Sheffield ain't that bad! Good place for a night out.

That bloke on 606 had a London accent. Reckon it was one of ours on a wind up apart from the fact he had the cheek to compare us with Brentford. Pillock!
  • Options
    Do we have to talk about them after every game? No wonder they think the world revolves around them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do we have to talk about them after every game? No wonder they think the world revolves around them.
    S++t, I just did, on another thread. You're damn right, of course

• Options
    they have decent support and are a big club imo

i think it's embarrassing that teams like doncaster are in the league above us but well done to them, so i'm sure they would think so to and in saying that they are admitting that their side is shite

i can't say i'm proud to be in league one cos i'm not i mean ffs even millwall and palarse are above us and i'm embarassed by that

2nd tier is our average position in the upper echelons of that imo

and just cos you have a view of where you expect/hope us to be doesn't mean you don't accept the reasons we are in a shit position is cos we've been managed like a bucket shop since curbs left and hopefully now the downward spiral has finished
  • Options
    I heard that clown on 606 talking about how embarrassing and wrong it was for Wednesday to be playing in a league lower than Barnsley .What was particularly noteworthy about him was that he did not have a yorkshire/northern accent .in fact he sounded more like a "locus Classico " thickie public school boy than anything else.so a relief to learn that the Massive are attracting that type of additional prat as well as their run of the mill northern nutters.to be fair though the other Wednesday fan who came on subsequently to disassociate himself from the comments about Barnsley had an authentic Yorkshire accent and was reasonableness personified.
  • Options

i think it's embarrassing that teams like doncaster are in the league above us but well done to them, so i'm sure they would think so to and in saying that they are admitting that their side is shite

i can't say i'm proud to be in league one cos i'm not i mean ffs even millwall and palarse are above us and i'm embarassed by that

and just cos you have a view of where you expect/hope us to be doesn't mean you don't accept the reasons we are in a shit position is cos we've been managed like a bucket shop since curbs left and hopefully now the downward spiral has finished
    Spot on post Mortimer.

• Options
    that guy was obviously on the wind up

It is very unlikely WEDnesday have any serious fans with southern accents (unlike Leeds)

also he was talkin shiite about the home suppor t claiming 50000 crowds when they cant get 20000 unless playing Udders Wednesday or CAFC

• Options

Spot on post Mortimer.

I thought you were going?

You do realise that all of these posts are going to come back to bite you on the Arris big time don't you?
  • Options
    If they have any normal, reasonable fans, they must be so so embarrassed.
    Fortunately, I don't think they do.
    The key word in that first line is IF!!
  • Options

That is almost as much garbage as a load of the crap that comes out of their fans mouths mate.
    Worked there for 2 months, stand by my original comment, could not wait to get back south!
  • Options

Worked there for 2 months, stand by my original comment, could not wait to get back south!
    Maybe you didn't fit in up here, maybe the ladies didn't like you, quite understandable I suppose lol.

• Options

Maybe you didn't fit in up here, maybe the ladies didn't like you, quite understandable I suppose lol.

To be fair the ladies were very very friendly, but I guess you wouldn't know from what others have said on here! Lol

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    So what was the reason you wanted to get back down south then? homesick? if so that's understandable.
  • Options
    So what was the reason you wanted to get back down south then? homesick? if so that's understandable.
    If I am being honest, the nightlife is much more varied in London, the money is ten times better, the birds are better looking & of course it's got Charlton.

• Options
    I find Hudderfield fans slightly cocky but nothing compared with Wednesday. Sheff U are ok.
  • Options
    he caught the clap off your sister
  • Options
    Haha. Made me chuckle. Sheffield's a good, vibrant, clean City, that is keeping up reasonably well with modern times. It has a good wealth of history from all the stainless steel industry. Not the 'sh*t hole that you make it out to be'. You must have gone to Barnsley by accident? It's not the best place in the world but you must have had some sort of bad experience to say something like that? Or you obviously just havent been, which is what I'm guessing.

• Options
    Haha. Made me chuckle. Sheffield's a good, vibrant, clean City, that is keeping up reasonably well with modern times. It has a good wealth of history from all the stainless steel industry. Not the 'sh*t hole that you make it out to be'. You must have gone to Barnsley by accident? It's not the best place in the world but you must have had some sort of bad experience to say something like that? Or you obviously just havent been, which is what I'm guessing.

Oh not another one! I thought you had your own MASSIVE messageboard!
  • Options
    edited March 2012

to be fair i quite like sheffield and this season in 1-0 WIN i had a cracking night out up there. The young locals are proper cocks though. If a group of northern lads have a night out in London they wont get aggro and will be allowed to go about their night....but for some reason southerners get really singled out, we are proper hated up there. must be a jealousy thing. the birds go over as well.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Where did you go out in Sheffield? All the cocks hang out at places like Embrace and Players, dont fancy going in there these days. Full of tossers.

• Options
    Where did you go VG? in the town centre there are people on a night out from all over the country with it being a student city, If you went out around Hillsbro' that explains it and yeah you would get aggro around here.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    i think we went most of the gaffs on west street. i think Players was one of them...all i can remember about that place was that it had a really sticky floor. oh and a fat bird fall over.