Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lee Bradbury sacked

I know it's nothing to do with us but Bournemouth have sacked Lee Bradbury, what do all you offers make of this? I think it's a good decision so they can get a manager in ready for the start of next season and their promotion push

Comments

• Options
    Think it will all end in tears down there.
  • Options
    I like Bournmouth but they do look like an accident waiting to happen.
  • Options

I wonder what their local paper will make of this.

Irrespective of the manager appointed you wonder whether this club will implode mid season due to interference from the board.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Feel really sad for Lee as he has to work with that idiot of a chairman!
  • Options
    face bothered
  • Options
    I'm not sure what more could have been expected of him given the circumstances.

• Options
    But surely not.

He was only given the vote of confidence from the chairman last week
  • Options
    I know a few Bournemouth fans and all of them have been calling for his head for the majority of the season
  • Options
    I know a few Bournemouth fans and all of them have been calling for his head for the majority of the season
    most of my family are Cherries they're be over the moon with it
  • Options
    edited March 2012

I wonder what their local paper will make of this.

Irrespective of the manager appointed you wonder whether this club will implode mid season due to interference from the board.
    Nothing. They are currently banned & are not reporting on them. Nothing on the Echo site so far although I expect it will be a true test of their resolve to stick their guns.

From such a promising start he has gradually been undermined by the board's antics and the fans have reacted very badly to him recently, seeing him as a yes man to Mitchell. When they were doing okay they put up with it but having fallen away now he's been coming in for a lot of flack. I see this as a sop to the supporters to get them back onside and wouldn't be surprised to see Steve Fletcher back.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wonder where they realisitically expected to be, they lost half their team from last year and are comfortably mid table, by all accounts in their recent bad run, they have deserved a bit more (certainly against s they did not deserve to lose).

Probably only a couple of players away from being a play off challenging side and Bradbury has to take credit for dealing with the owner.
  • Options
    Who would want to work for that muppet ? He's an absolute embarrasment . Got to feel sorry for the fans.
  • Options
    most of my family are Cherries they're be over the moon with it
    That's odd. Most of my family are plums ! ;0)
  • Options
    Seemed from that Echo article that Bradbury had been just as much a part of banning the paper as the Chairman. I would have thought they were perfect for each other
  • Options
    edited March 2012
  • Options
    From what I hear about the Directors and their Wives, the Club are on the road to nowhere. Shame for the supporters.
  • Options
    Bournemouth = Delusions of grandure.

Nothing wrong with any club being ambitious but L1/L2 is about their level for the size of the club.
  • Options
    A strange club, they lost several players last summer (inevitably), but then spend a fortune on Tubbs during the winter window, who hasn't delivered. I don't think Bradbury has done an especially good job there.

As Bournemouth have to play Sheff Utd and Huddersfield over Easter, let's hope the new manager or caretaker does the business!
  • Options

He stopped the press from entering the ground --worth reading the Bournemouth Echo today ..
  • Options
    I read the article about the fallout with the local paper ( that was on this site last week) and thought the manager and Chairman seemed to have lost the plot.
    Go on Chairman manager the team and see what a balls up you make of it.........as you have the rest of the club by the sound of it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I spoke to some of the Bournemouth fans when i was down there , couldn't believe how friendly they were before the game.... whether they were friendly after the game i don't know..
  • Options
    From the comments I've seen, the Bournemouth fans absolutely hated the manager's tactics. They're a good club in a great town, but I do get the impression that a lot of their fans seem to think they're maybe worthy of being a division higher than they are. When you look at the competition in League One they're up against, I would say they are doing well in the grand scheme of things.

All in all I wouldn't be surprised if their anger against Bradbury was just a way of taking out their frustrations regarding Eddie Mitchell.
  • Options
    going to see stevenage bournemouth tonite.b interesting to see how the players react..