Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why was the ref from Yorkshire?

edited March 2012 in General Charlton
It is beyond me, it has put pressure on Boyson to give everything to Huddersfield. Still very angry about it now.

If that penalty incident was the other way and we was attacking, would we have got the penalty our way? No our player would have been booked for diving!

Why did he only give a drop kick after that filthfy digusting tackle on Waggy? That could have ended his career there and then. And there is no card and Kay is only booked in the 2nd half and their other lad who pushes Russell to the floor only booked. That should be a straight red. Huddersfield should have had 9 men. Ok Russell should have kept his cool though I think there might have been a slight accident there. But even still this ref reacted to their fans all game and acted like a scared jumped up little girl.

Furthermore he direspectful to Powelly after he has gone to the refs dressing room half hour after the game and he refuses to look at it. That's because he knows he's wrong and refuses to admit it. That is just over bearing arrogance.

The FA wonder why "respect the ref" ain't working like they would like it well the reasons in that above paragraph show just why and they need to tell their refs to respect player, managers and fans. If they could say "sorry I was wrong" or "I made this decision because I saw it this way or that way etc". But of course everyone is going to get angry until that happens which I'm sure never will in our life times.

Ok we could have had that little more killer quality in the last quarter but the FA needs to get a grip on "respect the ref" and not give a game to a ref who is from the same county as one of the particpating teams.

Comments

• Options
    So what if he is from Yorkshire?

He's not a Huddersfield fan so dunno what your point is .Who is to say a ref from Plymouth would have given same decisions

Just face facts he made mistakes, if he made em, that's football it happens move on.

• Options

The County is not relevant. Yorkshire is England's largest County. Someone in one part of a County will not naturally favour another part of the County (i.e. Sheffield's relationship with Leeds). To assume bias simply because someone lives in the same County as one of the teams is nonsense.
  • Options
    We lost. Nothing's going to change. So onward and upward.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Difficult to know what he bias is, but yesterday he was making some weird decisions which were only going one way. There is no logical reason, but he does have previous .......................... http://www.bbc.co.uk/humber/content/articles/2005/08/23/230805_gtfc.shtml
  • Options
    Blaming it on where he is from is just a bit of a joke really. It had nothing to do with the fact he was from Yorkshire, he was just a disgraceful ref.
  • Options
    Difficult to know what he bias is, but yesterday he was making some weird decisions which were only going one way. There is no logical reason, but he does have previous .......................... http://www.bbc.co.uk/humber/content/articles/2005/08/23/230805_gtfc.shtml
    To be fair to him, that article is 7 years old. If that's the most recent thing against him then he's probably not too bad (yesterday excepting).
  • Options
    Not sour grapes, but it was the worst ref performance I've seen in a long time. Really seemed to give us nothing and did all he can to slow the game down and wind us up. The Lino closest to us was also dire.

How Kay got away with the Waggy challenge is a mystery. Russell was an idiot but thought Kay could have gone for that challenge aswell, and players have been sent off for less than Novak's raised hands.
  • Options
    To be fair to him, that article is 7 years old. If that's the most recent thing against him then he's probably not too bad (yesterday excepting).

or could be seen as the reason that he hasn't progressed further through the leagues, based on yesterday he has gone as far as his ability will allow.
  • Options
    I won't blame things on the ref but it does nothing but throw the game into a position that it should not be put in
  • Options
    I don't think it would make him a biased ref but think that by appointing him, the league are setting him up for a possible scapegoat. Because we lost, we can all bleat about the fact he's a Yorkshireman. If we'd won, Huddersfield fans would probably be moaning that he's from a different part of Yorkshire and hates Huddersfield. Either way, the ref is the villian.

Still think he's a c**t though. ;-)......................................................
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good call tango, not the most sensible refereeing appointment ever made.
  • Options
    I thought they all loved each other up there, bleating about Yorkshire at every opportunity. You can bet he hates southerners.

I the interests of fairness over the course of the season I will be volunteering to referee the orient game.
  • Options
    I think it is very relevant he is from Yorkshire - I'm not saying he is a cheat but the accusation can be given credence given his home biased performance on Saturday and where he comes from. it is ridiculous the league allows that to be possible and yes, If he had favoured us, then Huddersfield could have claimed he favoured Wednesday or United - ineptitude at it's finest I'm afraid from the Football league.
  • Options
    Mr Boyeson has by my count been in charge of 8 games this season involving Yorkshire teams:
    20-Aug 2011 Sheff Wed 2 - 1 Notts Co
    03-Sep 2011 Swindon 3 - 2 Rotherham
    08-Oct 2011 Bradford 1 - 0 Torquay
    12-Nov 2011 Sheff Utd 3 - 0 Oxford
    26-Dec 2011 Huddersfield 1 - 0 Chesterfield
    21-Feb 2012 Barnsley 1 - 3 Birmingham
    11-Mar 2012 Middlesbro 0 - 2 Leeds
    24-Mar 2012 Huddersfield 1 - 0 Charlton

I make it Yorkshire 6 - Non-Yorkshire 2. Coincidence or not?
  • Options
    Well all those games bar Leeds went as expected.
  • Options
    Possibly Birmingham and Swindon were a little too strong in relation to their opponents for his influence to stop them winning - well done to him for the other games though! Up the Yorkshire!
  • Options
    You can always tell a Yorkshireman, but you can't tell him much.
  • Options
    the referee is from Hull

He probably should have sent kay off but to suggest he didnt because he comes from a City 70 miles away (which has absolutely no connection with and is completely different to) from Hudds is ridiculous in the extreme. Hull wasnt even in Yorkshire for 30 years.
    Im sure referees from Kent are allowed to officiate at Charton games

Incidently no one up here goes on about being from Yorkshire in reality. Its just the ones who move down south who do.
    For a start it covers a large area and the North York moors or Yorkshire Dales are about as far removed from the towns and cities on the M62 corridor as East London is to the south downs
  • Options
    Maybe he was trying to over compensate. I remember Curbs saying something similar about Steve Bennet.
  • Options
    Is Steve Bennet the one from Orpington?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Listening to the commentaries, we don't seem to be given too many decisions from Refs in the past 4/5 games. Kermorgant seems to get battered but we rarely pick up free kicks or penalties lately. Perhaps thats one reason results have been going against us recently, whereas earlier in the season decisions were going in our favour.
  • Options
    So he was shit !!! lots of shit refs --- more at this level. Nothing to do where the guy comes from.

Mind you it could also be that they couldnt get anyone to ref in the Plus Net shit hole unless they actually come from there ?
  • Options
    Is Steve Bennet the one from Orpington?
    Yes, Saga Lout.

Up until this scholastic year, he used to collect one of his kids from Joydens Wood Junior School ..which does NOT have Orpington in its catchment area !

• Options
    Although i don't particularly agree with the slating of referees as they've got a tough job, he was shocking yesterday. Definite red for pushing Russell over, probable red for the tackle on red, and he shouldn't have denied Powell's request either. But think you've gone a bit over the top with your first comment mate... He was piss poor, and I was angry too but there's no need to lynch the poor guy...
  • Options
    Didn't realise he'd been lynched. Wow. That's not okay.
  • Options
    Seen the tackle on the website and am even angrier- sorry but if the ref who was so well positioned can't see that and can't protect players he has no business in the game.
  • Options
    I'm astonished that he has been in charge of championship games. He wasn't even league one standard.
  • Options
    Just watched the tackle on Waggy on cafc player. Due to the shit quality of the equipment and the distance of the camera, It just looks like red pixels clashing with blue & white pixels. Really wish clubs would invest in some HD equipment........................................
  • Options
    I heard Grimsby didn't him doing their games when they was in the league.
  • Options
    Think we need to do a petition to the league - refs need to know that we won't stand for that level of incompetence at best - cheating at worst!