Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

HUDDERSFIELD AWAY WITH THE BOARD

edited March 2012 in General Charlton
On Saturday me and my friend Jim travelled upto Huddersfield from Gloucester. We arrived at 12.30pm to be greeted by the receptionist who showed us to the Boardroom. We were made most welcome, we had a coffee and a quick look at the ground. Mr & Mrs Parkes arrived and we introduced ourself's to them and had a good chat about the mighty Charlton, then Mr Varney and Mark Humphreys arrived, we all had drinks and canapes. The Huddersfields Chairmen Dean introduced himself and we chatted about Jordan Rhodes, he did say we are as good as up, nice bloke. We then sat down to an amazing dinner which was braised steak, potatoes and roasted veg, followed by banoffie pie (this was lush). After lunch we made our way to the seats to watch the game unfold. Well we all know the result so I won't keep on about it. If I was truthfull, they were up for it more than us and yes the ref did spoil the game. It was great to see our away fans singing to the small corner of Huddersfield fans and boy did I miss not being in there with the travelling Red Army. At half time we had soup, cheese and biscuits and another free pint which was my fourth by then. I did manage to get my photo taken with Danny Green. After the final whistle we made our way back to the boardroom for more drinks and to check all the other football results. We all shook hands and left. Lets forget the result as I had the most amazing time ever and Mark Humphreys is a top top man. I would like thank Mr & Mrs Parkes, Mr Varney, Mark Humphreys and the 2 people who made this happen, Steve Kavanagh and Ben Hayes who put so much effort in to organising the Auction. So my sincere thanks to Ben, good man. If this day-out ever comes up on auction again, lads please do not bid because I really want to go again. I know I got it cheap but if you all knew what a day I had you would bid some serious money for it. The day was excellent quality and I find it hard to put in words how amazing the day was. Many thanks again, Tony Miessner

Comments

• Options
    Tony sounds like you had a fantastic time , i'm pleased it went alright for you (apart from the result).
  • Options
    Nice report, glad you had a good day Tony
  • Options
    Glad for you ledbury.....it's nice thing to have done.
  • Options
    Was the ref in the boardroom supping pints before ?
  • Options
    Was the ref in the boardroom supping pints before ?
    Or after - with the Huddersfield board? ;-)

• Options
    Mark Humphreys ?
  • Options
    Mark Humphreys ?
    he was with mr varney and marks a top bloke
  • Options
    why was he with Peter Varney what is the connection ?
  • Options
    sorry mate i dont no what the connection is
  • Options
    Thanks for the report, glad you had a great day
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    it was the best day ever and if i could fly to scared lol i would be paying that money no problem even tho i be skint for the rest of the year its so worth it
  • Options
    Glad you had a good day out despite the result and thanks for the kind words.

Sounds like a real experience.

I will ask that nice mr Kavanagh to see if we can offer something similar next season in aid of a good cause.
  • Options
    no problem ben if you ever get the chance to go do it
  • Options
    so why was Mark Humphreys with PV what's the connection I thought SK was accompaning PV.
  • Options
    Tony, been lucky enough to do it a few times. Certainly an experience.
  • Options
    Tony, been lucky enough to do it a few times. Certainly an experience.
    if your ever ill i can do it for you at a days notice lol

• Options
    LOL, that's all in the past now.
  • Options
    why was he with Peter Varney what is the connection ?
    Mark Humphreys is MD of PHB Construction and a supporter of CACT - Charlton Athletic Community Trust.
  • Options
    Done very well for himself since I hung around with him as a 16 year old. Fair play to him.
  • Options
    Well, coming from Ledbury i would of thought you would of washed it down with a pint or two of cider! Let me know next time and pick me up from Newent on the way through....

Nice to see another supporter local to me, glad you had a great day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Done very well for himself since I hung around with him as a 16 year old. Fair play to him.
    Steve is that little Mark we used to go with?

• Options
    Yes mate.
  • Options
    He normally goes with Jim Davidson.
  • Options
    I am lucky enough to count Chris and Sue Parkes as good friends, so I am biased, but if you ever want to meet anyone who lives and breathes Charlton Athletic from the soles of their shoes to the top of their heads, you will be hard pressed to find another couple to hold a candle to them. And they are two of the nicest people I have ever met, regardless of the Charlton connection.

No surprise you had a great day Tony, and I can well imagine the folks from HTFC helped make it a really special experience too.
  • Options
    @cafcledbury sounds like you had a day to remember, bar the result. And all in aid of a good cause.
  • Options
    Nice report, glad you had a lovely time. Chris Parkes is a top fella albeit I lost touch with him many years ago.....Real Charlton fan.
  • Options
    Lovely lovely guy Chris Parkes. Can see why he's lasted so long at the club.
  • Options
    Glad to hear the day was good (except the result)............must try and save a bit so I can bid next time....thanks for the update @cafcledbury
  • Options
    echo what Algarve said
  • Options
    I am lucky enough to count Chris and Sue Parkes as good friends, so I am biased, but if you ever want to meet anyone who lives and breathes Charlton Athletic from the soles of their shoes to the top of their heads, you will be hard pressed to find another couple to hold a candle to them. And they are two of the nicest people I have ever met, regardless of the Charlton connection.

No surprise you had a great day Tony, and I can well imagine the folks from HTFC helped make it a really special experience too.
    Chris & Sue Parkes.............lovely couple............ got time for everyone, 'especially' if you're an Addick!