Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

valley express Vs train, quick question.

going down to inlaws this weekend in sittingbourne to view some houses as looking like we will be moving down there before the end of the year, going to game from down there. £7.00 on the coach return, valley express leaves at 12pm or £15.70 on the train. Anyone use the Sittingbourne valley express? or valley express in general. Whats the score with the coach? do you get there early enough for a few beers or is it straight into the ground? im guesing also that they pretty much head off at full time so no time for a cheeky post match larger or 2. Never had need to get a coach to a home game, train is taking the lead at the moment due to freedom of times ect. any feedback would be good.

Comments

• Options
    I'm sure they will all sit & wait for you on the coach, if you go for a couple of pints after :-)

My best guess is they would get there 2pm earliest.
  • Options
    I travel from Sittingbourne, and I've tried both. If money's an issue get the coach, otherwise I'd say get the train.

The coach picks up in Medway and Gravesend after Sittingbourne, which means the journey takes forever. It gets to Charlton early enough for you to go for a drink before the game, but you have to be back on sharpish after the match.

The train journey's quicker, and gives you a lot more flexibility.
  • Options
    Cheers gills, train it is.
  • Options
    They also stop off at a service station for an hour so people can buy snacks.
  • Options
    They also stop off at a service station for an hour so people can buy snacks.
    You haven't met Clive, then . . . :-)

I would think of all our stewards he is keenest to get to The Valley in time for a pint.

The problem with the Sheerness coach in this division has certainly been with the numbers, which force it through the Medway Towns.

It would be a much better service without that and if numbers pick up in the Championship we would revert to running from Sittingbourne to Gravesend via the A2.
  • Options
    Get there about 2 and takes forever. It is cheap though.