Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best Football interview ever.......

Comments

• Options
    Fantastic interview. What's amazing is , is that Cloughie could have been talking about the current season there and Match of the Day in 2012 and not in the 1970's . Nothing has changed.
  • Options
    John motson is a great guy he was honoury president of our football league and was always at the presentation evening , had a fair few nights in his company and he really is a football man , he made a point of finding me at the award ceremony the year after we won the playoff as I was the only charlton fan he knew playing in the barnet press Sunday league bar the top ref (who I met by chance at home to Sheffield utd this season in the west
    stand )

I have nothing but admiration for the man
  • Options
    Imagine hearing that from Moyes or Mark Hughes. Always blame their defeats on the referee or linesman, never beaten by a better team. RIP Sir Brian, wish you were still around with Shearer and co watching the same clip from 20 angles before deciding the ref got it right.
  • Options
    Tremendous stuff. He also practised what he preached and Cloughie's teams were generally renowned for their lack of dissent towards referees.

As you say, masciat, if only we could reincarnate him for one Saturday night to demolish those smug bastards on Match of the Day ( they find it hard enough to cope with Martin O'Neill when he's on form ). For afters, Cloughie could pop next door and eat Manish and Claridge. Now that would be worth the annual licence fee.
  • Options
    I could watch Cloughie all day long...............................
  • Options
    Spot on Blucher I think Kenny Burns once said that if anyone got a card for dissent Cloughie fined them hence they had the best disciplinary record in the league. Brilliant interview and agree with everything said here the man is an absolute legend.
  • Options
    Wonder what Cloughie would have made of the coverage we get now and the over analysis of the slightest detail?
  • Options
    I think you'll find this is the best football interview ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeG9r6HxJgE