Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Neutral Fans

2»

Comments

• Options
    can you bring helen chamberlain with you please it is written in the stars that me and her will end up getting married.
    RRrrrreeeaaaalllllyyyy.....???????

I think you are in for a shock when you meet the non "Sky Sports" Helen
  • Options
    does she slap it on with a trowel ?
  • Options
    While staying near Dartmouth last September, I suggested to my wife that we have an evening in Torquay... After fish and chips at Babbacombe, we saw the draw 2-2 with Cheltenham. It wasn't a great game but both sides must have really come on since then. What's happened to transform your lot?
    We got rid of Paul Buckle (who went on to Bristol Rovers and eventually fired). He had his tactics, and rather than building his tactics around the squad he would move his squad around to fit in with his tactics, hence why we had strikers on the wing and midfielders in defence.
  • Options
    My mates dad used to play for Torquay , his name is Derek Dawkins. Was he any good?
    That's a name from the past, that must have been late 80's. He was a crowd favourite for a while, I think we bought him from B'mout or Weymouth. He was the player who scored against Tottenham in the league cup for us. Very good player and solid at the back.
  • Options
    If you go to the the very back of the J Block you might even be allowed to bang the drum.
    The funny thing about this is that I am the resident drummer for Torquay
    He wasn't talking about playing a musical instrument, "drum" is the nickname of a bird that sits at the back of J block.

:-)
  • Options
    coz she looks likes like one of the zingzilla's (one for those with young kids at home..)
  • Options
    If you go to the the very back of the J Block you might even be allowed to bang the drum.
    He wasn't talking about playing a musical instrument, "drum" is the nickname of a bird that sits at the back of J block.

PMSL who said anything about musical instruments PMSL I have been married for over 10 years, I will take what I can get whether it be in the J stand or the back of the terrace at Plainmoor.
  • Options
    I love Helen, so tell me more about the non "Sky Sports" Helen - is my love misplaced?
  • Options
    I love Helen, so tell me more about the non "Sky Sports" Helen - is my love misplaced?
    You'd only be stirring my porridge Saga. I had first dibs on her years ago................................
  • Options
    she does look like she'd be rough underneath that 4 inch layer of make-up. bit of a geezer bird as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Admittingly, not looking so good these days but I'd still love a go.............................
  • Options
    You'd only be stirring my porridge Saga. I had first dibs on her years ago................................
    Actually I worked with her at Chessington World of Adventures long before she was on SKY, so I get first dibs!!!
  • Options

PMSL who said anything about musical instruments PMSL I have been married for over 10 years, I will take what I can get whether it be in the J stand or the back of the terrace at Plainmoor.
    If you do fancy a crack at "drum" you may find you are waiting behind a block wearing Ugg boots, but if the rumours are true on here you won't be waiting long. :-)
  • Options
    Hi Friendly,

For the singing you want the North Upper (Aka Covered End)

Either Block H / J / L -

Towards the back for standing, Front for sitting

(Also be aware that the J Block has a mini band at the back and at least 2 drummers) So if you prefer to be abit away from that would recommend H or L, but if you want to get in the thick of things recommend J.
  • Options
    Lol, "mini band" love it.

Friendly, you only need to learn one song so I have posted the first two lines:

"Yer sister is yer muvver"
    Yer father is yer bruvver"
  • Options
    Thank you all for your advice. At the moment there is now only 2 of us still going, a few of the others have managed to get a crafty lift back on the supporters coach on Friday to save some money.

We have made an executive decision to wear our colours as well, so feel free to come and say hello if you see the 2 of us in the Liberal Club, or banging one out with the "Drum" in the back of the J stand.

Looking forward to it now.
  • Options
    I'm the other one coming with Paul. Looking forward to my first trip to the Valley and being in with the atmosphere. As Paul said we'll both be in our Torquay shirts (assuming they'll let us in wearing them!)
  • Options
    so feel free to come and say hello if you see the 2 of us in the Liberal Club, or banging one out with the "Drum" in the back of the J stand.
    You disgust me.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    you'll be fine mate..our game against stevenage was £5 a ticket. more chelsea 'fans' there than us.
  • Options
    just a tip if you do sit/stand in North Upper. If you're smokers, the stewards at our ground allow it in the bogs at h/time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    you're thinking of the brass Macro
  • Options
    coz she looks likes like one of the zingzilla's (one for those with young kids at home..)
    But not the fit one.
  • Options
    Fair enough in that case we'll be the two standing out like sore thumbs in Yellow!
  • Options
    My mates dad used to play for Torquay , his name is Derek Dawkins. Was he any good?
    That's a name from the past, that must have been late 80's. He was a crowd favourite for a while, I think we bought him from B'mout or Weymouth. He was the player who scored against Tottenham in the league cup for us. Very good player and solid at the back.
    Bloody hell that's weird. I just know him as an estate agent working in Alicante. His son played for the Charlton academy in Spain for a while playing for Hercules CF at the moment , just had a trail with chelsea and scored 2 vs MK Dons in an u18's game!

• Options
    How did u find it today then?
  • Options
    Met these lads in the Lib and strongly advised them not to leave at 2pm for a drink in the Covered End and stay in the Lib for another pint. I assume they would have had a good day as not only was the game at the Valley good, but Torquay won yesterday and the other results went their way today.
  • Options
    Well we ended up in the very top corner of the G block in the North Upper, and had a great laugh. Even though you got a good 2-0 win out of it, I thought the ref was shocking (glad to see we haven't got all the S**t refs in league 2). Want to thank you guys who chatted to us in the Liberal club and at the ground. Good luck in the Championship next season.
  • Options
    I had five Torquay fans next to me in the Upper West. Good lads who spoke intelligently about the game. I had that thing where you worry about what someone else is thinking about something that's important to you.