Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

No Home Pre-season Friendlies according to

2»

Comments

• Options
    I've seen several 'stories' from Richard Cawley relating to CAFC that have been about as reliable as a 1960s Lada. He does however manage to write some decent copy that is accurate - hence Henry's 'unreliable' quote.

I see nothing inaccurate or defamatory in that - when are you due to give evidence in the Leveson Inquiry Mick?<</b>/blockquote>

Haha

• Options
    Back to topic, wouldn't the Welling friendly be classed as a "London" game, or is it OK because it is in Kent?
  • Options
    The Welling friendly would only really require a handful of ob whereas if we played a Premiership team, It would need a big policing presence hence why they put a block on Spurs this year.
  • Options
    I can't see the Met allowing us to play a home game while stuff is happening at Woolwich, the O2 or Greenwich Park.

Main routes like Woolwich Common will be closed, access to QE Hosptial restricted, and the Olympic Route Network will be in action through the games.

BTW routes across Woolwich Common will be restricted due to test events for the rest of April

• Options
    Am I right that Mick Collins is related to Patrick Collins from the Daily Mail?
    you are
  • Options
    The actual title says 'HIGH PROFILE' so surely Welling or a game which wouldn't require a big ob presence would be ok ?
  • Options
    Welling will probably be fine, but can't see any friendlies being allowed in large swathes of places that call themselves London
  • Options
    Why can't we play Millwall ? Nothing friendly about that ;o)
  • Options
    You would have thought there might be an opportunity to attract some people coming for the olympics to a game if marketed in teh right way.
  • Options
    I can't see the Met allowing us to play a home game while stuff is happening at Woolwich, the O2 or Greenwich Park.

Main routes like Woolwich Common will be closed, access to QE Hosptial restricted, and the Olympic Route Network will be in action through the games.

BTW routes across Woolwich Common will be restricted due to test events for the rest of April

Do you have specific info on these restrictions ? I don't want to be heading that way if all the roads are closed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2012
    The important phrase - the one that actually matters is who was "the communicator of the libel". That is, who published what you typed? That's Charlton Life.

You questioned his professionalism by suggesting a "pinch of salt" was "always" needed with his stories. You stated that his stories were "always" likely to be false.

I'm not bothered what you do from here, as it's not my problem. But, on the strength of the words you typed, it is yours. I choose not to think of you as malicious, so I describe them as being typed "without thinking". That's a life raft you should consider grasping.
    Ok Mick It's gone 12.00 you can come clean now and stop Henry or Charlton Life from worrying about any legal action.
  • Options
    12.00pm

:-)
  • Options
    I dont really see the problem, we only ever play 1 at home anyway
  • Options
    Can we play Forest Green Rovers please?
    They're the closest club to my friend's house.
  • Options
    can I nominate this thread for the end of year 'Handbags' award?
  • Options
    The road closures on Woolwich Common start on April 15th till April 29th.

Haha Road and Stadium Road are closed to traffic, so if you do cut across the common to Cemetery Lane, then you'll need to head into Woolwich or find a different route.
  • Options

Haha Road and Stadium Road are closed to traffic, so if you do cut across the common to Cemetery Lane, then you'll need to head into Woolwich or find a different route.
    That's ok then. It only affects the Wycombe game on the 21st & I was planning to leave the car at home in any case, as we'll be celebrating promotion, until we can celebrate no more :-)
  • Options
    edited April 2012

Thanks for the heads up but have I missed something? Thought this thread was about pre season friendlies?

• Options
    Olympics related
  • Options
    Olympics related
    Really? Silly me!