Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Anyone on here thinking of doing the Run to the Beat this year?

edited March 2012 in General Charlton
Or have we all got enough pain in our lives just watching us try to clinch promotion? ;-)
Toying with the idea of giving it another go this year....

Comments

• Girl at work is doing it. I would, but I'd be such a copycat.
  • Likewise Jon, I was just talking about this on friday.
    I take it you got their email?
  • Yes exactly that Ray.
    Been a couple of years since our last effort and i feel the call of the beat again ;-)
    That said I also feel the call of the sofa, but maybe i could do it for the Charlton Upbeats or something?
    And it does give a reason and incentive to get fit ( or as fit as I'm ever likely to get!)
    Might try a run or two over the next few days, see if my knees are still up to it, then decide from there!

• Yes, I'm also thinking about buying a new ferrari. That's not going to f*****g happen either!
  • Never give up on your dream Dave ;-)
  • Like you say its an incentive to get a bit of weight off, I'll give a go in the next week or so.....................
  • too expensive - there many much cheaper half-marathons around then eg. Tonbridge
  • Signed up last week. Expensive, but it'll be my first half marathon and thought it would be good to run round part of the London Marathon course. Recently started running having done no excercise for 10 years.

Looking forward to it (sort of)
  • Did it last year along with the Royal Parks. Got the bug so going to do it again this year. Just hope the old knee holds up!!