Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks: Charlton 2-0 Leyton Orient

Comments

• Options
    Hamer - 8.5
    Solly - 8
    Morrison - 7.5
    Cort - 8
    Wiggins - 8
    Wagstaff - 8
    Hollands - 7.5
    Stephens - 5
    Cook - 7.5
    Wright Phillips - 6.5
    Kermorgant - 7

N'Guessan n/a
    Green n/a
  • Options
    Hamer 8
    Solly 8
    Morrison 6
    Cort 6
    Wiggins 7
    Wagstaff 8
    Hollands 7
    Stephens 6
    Cook 6
    Wright Phillips 6
    Kermorgant 7

• Options
    Hamer - 7.5. Commanding and in control and always looked to set up attacks with well-directed kicks (with a single exception.) Couple of good saves when required.
    Solly - 7.5. His tackling was back to it's best. A couple of loose passes but another good performance.
    Morrison - 7. Had a tendency to pass short to fellow defendants when they were going to be closed down but helped restrict Orient to long range shots.
    Cort - 7. Pretty clear that Taylor will be waiting a long time to regain the shirt. Okay he and Morro only had Lisbie to handle but both did so effectively
    Wiggins - 7. At last Wiggins started to show that attacking skill which destroyed the opposition and his run for the opener was superb.
    Wagstaff - 7.5. Not just being alert (unlike the Orient defence) to score the opener but worked hard on the flank and one excellent run which was stopped at the final second. Still has the occasional episode of just offloading the ball but happily today stayed vertical.
    Hollands - 7.5. The longer the game went on, the more dominant Hollands became. Interesting to note that he has taken the forward role from Stephens and how he got in the box more like he did earlier in the season.
    Stephens - 6.5. A plus point is that he contested for the ball far more than recently but still gets caught on the wrong side of the player he tries to challenge and too oftern passes square or back. I think (but happy to be corrected if I am wrong) that it was his quick free kick which set Wiggins off for the opener
    Cook - 6.5. Gave us a balance we have lacked since JJ got injured a number of games back. Worked hard never better demonstrated by winning the ball back from an underhit Wiggins pass and then producing the perfect cross for Dany.
    Wright Phillips - 6.5. Started brightly but was chasing shadows long before he was subbed. I don't recall him having a single shot.
    Kermorgant - 6.5. He was battered from the off and it is no surprise that the defenders took it in turns to kick him (and get booked.) His timing in the air was off today and though he was better on the ground, he didn't terrorise the opposition as he usually does.

Is Macronate for real regarding the ref? No-one is suggesting he was a cheat but his first half performance was dire. For example if BWP dived for the 'penalty' and Cort did handle the ball, why weren't they booked?
  • Options
    Hamer - 7.5. Commanding and in control and always looked to set up attacks with well-directed kicks (with a single exception.) Couple of good saves when required.
    Solly - 7.5. His tackling was back to it's best. A couple of loose passes but another good performance.
    Morrison - 7. Had a tendency to pass short to fellow defendants when they were going to be closed down but helped restrict Orient to long range shots.
    Cort - 7. Pretty clear that Taylor will be waiting a long time to regain the shirt. Okay he and Morro only had Lisbie to handle but both did so effectively
    Wiggins - 7. At last Wiggins started to show that attacking skill which destroyed the opposition and his run for the opener was superb.
    Wagstaff - 7.5. Not just being alert (unlike the Orient defence) to score the opener but worked hard on the flank and one excellent run which was stopped at the final second. Still has the occasional episode of just offloading the ball but happily today stayed vertical.
    Hollands - 7.5. The longer the game went on, the more dominant Hollands became. Interesting to note that he has taken the forward role from Stephens and how he got in the box more like he did earlier in the season.
    Stephens - 6.5. A plus point is that he contested for the ball far more than recently but still gets caught on the wrong side of the player he tries to challenge and too oftern passes square or back. I think (but happy to be corrected if I am wrong) that it was his quick free kick which set Wiggins off for the opener
    Cook - 6.5. Gave us a balance we have lacked since JJ got injured a number of games back. Worked hard never better demonstrated by winning the ball back from an underhit Wiggins pass and then producing the perfect cross for Dany.
    Wright Phillips - 6.5. Started brightly but was chasing shadows long before he was subbed. I don't recall him having a single shot.
    Kermorgant - 6.5. He was battered from the off and it is no surprise that the defenders took it in turns to kick him (and get booked.) His timing in the air was off today and though he was better on the ground, he didn't terrorise the opposition as he usually does.

Is Macronate for real regarding the ref? No-one is suggesting he was a cheat but his first half performance was dire. For example if BWP dived for the 'penalty' and Cort did handle the ball, why weren't they booked?
    Can tell you're Legal Addick!

:-)
  • Options
    Hamer 7
    Solly 8
    Morrison 7
    Cort 7
    Wiggins 7
    Wagstaff 8
    Hollands 6
    Stephens 6
    Cook 7
    Wright Phillips 7
    Kermorgant 8
  • Options
    legal-see "Ref Marks" thread.
  • Options
    Well spotted Len. Old habits etc!!!
  • Options
    Hamer; 7.5
    Solly; 8
    Morrison; 7
    Cort; 7
    Wiggins; 7.5
    Wagstaff; 7.5
    Hollands; 8
    Stephens; 8
    Cook; 7.5
    Wright Phillips; 7
    Kermorgant; 7.5

N'Guessan; 7
    Green; 6.5
  • Options
    Hamer 7.5
    Solly 7
    Morrison 7
    Cort 7
    Wiggins 7
    Wagstaff 8
    Hollands 7
    Stephens 7
    Cook 7
    Wright Phillips 7
    Kermorgant 7.5
  • Options
    Hamer 7
    Solly 7 - recently has played with even more confidence, playing his way out of trouble, continued that today.
    Morrison 7
    Cort 7 - not sure he's better than Taylor, but deserves his place
    Wiggins 7 - teams aren't giving him space like they were, but the one time he found some he created a goal
    Wagstaff 7 - proper winger no but showing what he's about. Green gets crosses in and runs at players, so Waggy as he always has done tries to learn do those things more often himself
    Hollands 6
    Stephens 6 - alongside Hollands they are good at this level but have doubts they'll step up as comfortably as some expect them to
    Cook 7 - first game in this team, going to make a few mistakes and some arguably were passes from team mates that could have been better
    Wright Phillips 6 - didn't really get into the game but not down to a poor performance
    Kermorgant 7 - did his job, one point they needed 3 players to stop him winning the header
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hamer 7.5
    Solly 8
    Morrison 8
    Cort 8
    Wiggins 8.5
    Wagstaff 8.5
    Hollands 7.5
    Stephens 7
    Cook 7.5
    Wright Phillips 7
    Kermorgant 8
  • Options
    Hamer 8
    Solly 7
    Morrison 7
    Cort 7
    Wiggins 7
    Wagstaff 7
    Hollands 6
    Stephens 6
    Cook 6
    Wright Phillips 6
    Kermorgant 7
  • Options
    Hamer 7
    Solly 8.5
    Morrison 7.5
    Cort 7.5
    Wiggins 8
    Wagstaff 7.5
    Hollands 7
    Stephens 7
    Cook 8
    Wright Phillips 6.5
    Kermorgant 8
  • Options
    Hamer 8
    Solly 8.5
    Morrison 7
    Cort 8
    Wiggins 8
    Wagstaff 8
    Hollands 7
    Stephens 7
    Cook 7.5
    Wright Phillips 7.5
    Kermorgant 8

• Options
    Hamer 8
    Solly 7.5
    Morrison 7
    Cort 7.5
    Wiggins 8
    Wagstaff 7.5
    Hollands 7
    Stephens 7
    BWP 6.5
    Kermorgant 7.5

• Options
    Hamer 8.5
    Solly 6.5
    Morrison 6.5
    Cort 6.5
    Wiggins 7
    Wagstaff 7.5
    Hollands 6.5
    Stephens 6.5
    Cook 7
    Wright Phillips 7
    Kermorgant 7
  • Options
    Sorry, left out Cook 7
  • Options
    Hamer - 7.5
    Solly - 8
    Morrison - 6.5
    Cort - 7
    Wiggins - 7
    Wagstaff - 7
    Hollands - 6.5
    Stephens - 6.5
    Cook - 7
    Wright-Phillips - 6.5
    Kermorgant - 7
  • Options
    Hamer 7
    Solly 8
    Morrison 6
    Cort 7
    Wiggins 7
    Wagstaff 8
    Hollands 7
    Stephens 7
    Cook 8
    Wright Phillips 6
    Kermorgant 7
  • Options
    Hamer 8 MOTM Excellent throughout (apart from one poor kick but he tries things with his kicks which I like)-not much to do but what he did do was with real assurance and quality.
    Solly 7.5 A below par Solly performance - Par is an 8!!!!! Well in the forefront of my mind now for POTY
    Morrison 7 Solid enough but not as assured on the bar as he has been
    Cort 7 Solid defensively
    Wiggins 7.5 Great run for the important opener
    Wagstaff 7 Put himself about
    Hollands 6.5 Wasn't terrible but felt a bit off th epace to me
    Stephens 7 Thought he was slightly better than Hollands yesterday
    Cook 7 Did give us balance, a bit slow at times though but real quality for the second.
    Wright Phillips 6.5 SHould have gone down for the pen, unlucky not to score
    Kermorgant 7 Was targeted but stood up well

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Hamer 7.5
    Solly 6
    Morrison 6
    Cort 6
    Wiggins 7
    Wagstaff 7
    Hollands 6
    Stephens 6
    Cook 5.5
    Wright Phillips 6
    Kermorgant 7
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Hamer - 8 Excellent throughout, good kicking, great saves and slowed the game down when needed to
    Solly - 8 Excellent as always
    Morrison - 6 Not as solid of late, seems edgy, Taylor/Cort anyone?
    Cort - 7 - Solid
    Wiggins - 7 Great for the goal
    Wagstaff - 9 MOM Back to where he was at the start of the season
    Hollands - 8 Mr reliable
    Stephens - 6 Not been as sharp since his injury, flashes of quality and getting fitter
    Cook - 6 Good first half, disappeared second apart from quality cross
    Wright Phillips - 5 Poor game, seemed off the pace today
    Kermorgant - 8 Whole hearted as always, battered bruised and our real leader on the park

N'Guessan n/a Great Goal
    Green n/a Did he come on!
  • Options
    Hamer 7
    Solly 8
    Morrison 6
    Cort 7
    Wiggins 7
    Wagstaff 7.5
    Hollands 6
    Stephens 6
    Cook 7
    Wright Phillips 6
    Kermorgant 6
  • Options
    Hamer 7 Two great saves, and solid throughout apart from comedy kick (MOM)
    Solly 7 Workrate and positioning excellent
    Morrison 6.5 A few wayward balls, but dealt well with the old boys threat
    Cort 6.5 A threat at their end and won everything in the air, sometimes looks ponderous on the deck
    Wiggins 7 Solid at the back and linked well with cook
    Wagstaff 7 Good goal and workrate. Could have gone down for a pen when he burst into the box
    Hollands 6 Pegged back and did little
    Stephens 6 Good first half when he was in a more advanced role. His being pushed back in the 2nd hurt us.
    Cook 6.5 Good linkup with wiggins, quick thinking on the first goal and great setup for the second. A different player to the hollow shell that joined us a few years back.
    Wright Phillips 6.5 Lively at the start, but faded badly.
    Kermorgant 6.5 Such quality, but it's hard to perform at your best is someone slides through the back of you or blows up for a foul against you every time you bring it down.
    N'Guess - Strange cameo: horribly inept - world class finish - horribly inept.
    Green - Didn't have long, but did himself no favours. One poor cross and then surrendered posession under no pressure.
  • Options

Hamer 7
    Solly 7
    Morrison 6
    Cort 7
    Wiggins 7
    Wagstaff 8
    Hollands6
    Stephens 6
    Cook 7
    Wright Phillips 6
    Kermorgant 7
  • Options
    Hamer 7 Two great saves, thought he handled outside but solid
    Solly 7 Everyone seemed to have a good game so solid among many
    Morrison 7 As above
    Cort 7 As above
    Wiggins 7 As above
    Wagstaff 7.5 just edges it over a good all round performance should have gone down for a penalty MoM
    Hollands 6.5 part of a sluggish second half
    Stephens 6.5 As above
    Cook 6.5 Better than his last appearance
    Wright Phillips 6.5 Struggle from little service but seemed a bit lost
    Kermorgant 6.5 Not at his best but took a lot of punishment
  • Options
    Hamer 7 Two great saves, thought he handled outside but solid
    I thought that too but he stopped the ball on the line.
  • Options
    I'm amazed at how many people rated Hollands so highly. I'd like to know what you saw in him; to me he looked very sluggish. Are you all scoring on reputation rather than performance, or am I missing something?
  • Options
    I'm amazed at how many people rated Hollands so highly. I'd like to know what you saw in him; to me he looked very sluggish. Are you all scoring on reputation rather than performance, or am I missing something?
    Hollands and Stephens started the season quite well but now remind me of all those other ineffectual central midfield units we've had for a the last few years.
  • Options
    Hamer 8
    Solly 8.5
    Morrison 7.5
    Cort 8
    Wiggins 7.5
    Wagstaff 8
    Hollands 8
    Stephens 7.5
    Cook 7.5
    Wright Phillips 7.5
    Kermorgant 8