Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steve Lovell

Anyone else remember this guy? Was a decent striker for Millwall as I remember and also played for Palace.

Just been told he's coaching on the Charlton Community Trust Easter Holiday courses at Sparrow's Lane.

Comments

• Options
    Remember the name but nothing about him.
  • Options
    Did he score a hat trick against us for Millwall at Selhurst?
  • Options
    Anyone else remember this guy? Was a decent striker for Millwall as I remember and also played for Palace.

Just been told he's coaching on the Charlton Community Trust Easter Holiday courses at Sparrow's Lane.
    Played for Gillingham, scoring nearly 100 goals for them and playing for Wales, and still lives in the Medway area.

Very nice bloke and will be an asset if he is on board.

• Options
    managed my brother at Sittingbourne when they won the Southern League
  • Options
    think he was forced into retirement by injury earlier in the season whilst at bournemouth...?
  • Options

Played for Gillingham, scoring nearly 100 goals for them and playing for Wales, and still lives in the Medway area.

Very nice bloke and will be an asset if he is on board.

I'd forgotten about his Gills link. Don't want him giving Henry Jnr bad habits : - )
  • Options
    The company I worked for in the lates 80's was run by an MD who was a Gillingham fan.

He used to take Steve Lovell round when he visited clients as a 'celebrity footballer', he also had a couple of rugby players in tow as well.

Met him a few times through the company and had a few beers with him and he seemed OK
  • Options
    think he was forced into retirement by injury earlier in the season whilst at bournemouth...?
    Different Steve Lovell.

The one we are talking about is in his fifties now.
  • Options
    Left field... married to Amy Mcdonald. Oh no that was the Bournemouth one.

Was one of the better players at Gills at that time. Both he and Alan Walker played at Millwall and then went to Gillingham. Thought both of them were good enough for tier two careers: and there was mighty few of them post Cascarino and Bruce. His claim to fame in his latter playing years was that he was in the final 60 yard dash at Wembley for one of the League Cup finals: might have been the forrest v luton one.
  • Options

Was one of the better players at Gills at that time. Both he and Alan Walker played at Millwall and then went to Gillingham. Thought both of them were good enough for tier two careers: and there was mighty few of them post Cascarino and Bruce. His claim to fame in his latter playing years was that he was in the final 60 yard dash at Wembley for one of the League Cup finals: might have been the forrest v luton one.
    Do you mean a sprint?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bloody good non league manager remember him from Hastings gave me a chance to play when I was 16 very hard but fair manager
  • Options
    Pretty sure he started as a full-back for Crystal Palace but went to better things as a forward at Millwall. Was the leading goalscorer in their 3rd Division promotion season under George Graham.
  • Options
    Blimey where you been? Posted about him last year!

He's been coaching at the midweek academy for a fair while.

Feedback from parents is that he is a fantastic bloke and a great coach.
  • Options
    met steve 2 years ago in la manga ,top bloke was working for charlton then and he was also a pretty good golfer i think he actually won the footballers classic that year as well ,had a few a beers with him and a few other players said he loved working for charlton and at the time was a bit worried about his job good to see he is still with us top geezer.
  • Options

Do you mean a sprint?
    Yes it was something they did area finals for, and I think was entertainment at half time.

• Options

Do you mean a sprint?
    Yes it was something they did area finals for, and I think was entertainment at half time.

I'm surprised.

I didn't think he was particularly quick from my knowledge of him.
  • Options
    Steve Lovell had some good players down there when i was a teenager good gates as well the bourne got as well just after they moved to the new stadium unfortunately the stadium and the players money skinted em
  • Options
    Steve Lovell had some good players down there when i was a teenager good gates as well the bourne got as well just after they moved to the new stadium unfortunately the stadium and the players money skinted em
    yeah i remember going to watch my brother make his debut against Farnborough and there was over 2000 there.

Rumour was someone run off with all the money, just after the dog track was built.