Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CL Survey Results - Part 3

Comments

• Options
    To paraphrase Groucho Marx, I wouldn't want to join any clique that would accept me as a member!
  • Options
    I can't see the problem. It's not like any 'clique' members make their whereabouts secret

• Options
    So where does that leave you DRF? I'm confused, however I think I've just formed a clique with eaststandmike.
    I acknowledge their is a clique so therefore I am not in one, but I don't mind that the rest of you are!
  • Options
    Me and you have a beautiful connection @DRF that no clique could ever break
  • Options
    So where does that leave you DRF? I'm confused, however I think I've just formed a clique with eaststandmike.
    Lol, I was going to say that earlier
  • Options
    You'll be finishing each others sentences next. Match made in heaven!

• Options
    You'll be finishing each others sentences next. Match made in heaven!

Thanks Lord R, all the best from me & Dreaded

:-)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Thanks AFKA. Really interesting.

Once you don’t like a poster for their political view, it is then rare that you fully appreciate their Charlton view, even if it is something you would agree with if posted by someone else. Straight away, there is a difference that provides an unwanted backdrop.

Away from that, some of the other key repeated things people liked the least were “Abuse and Swearing”, “Aggressive/sarcastic posters who have to be right, or always have to have the last word” and “Attention whores and those who only post to wind others up”.
    These two bits really made me think about how I view and use the site. On reflection, I'm guilty of deciding that some people on here are dicks, purely on the basis of a few posts that I found unfunny, aggressive, intolerant or just deliberate wind-ups. This has affected my enjoyment of the site, including causing me to often avoid getting involved in debates.
    So I now resolve to pack in this childish behaviour. You're all alright really and we all like the same football team too!
    Maybe it's me who's the dick after all!

Good post LordR, however there is one poster on here who irritates the life out of me, he is not funny and quite sad and obviously has a massive inferiority complex. I would like to think if we met in real life he would be a decent chap, but because of the contributions he makes and cheap shots he takes whenever I see his user name a think 24 carat gold dickhead and consequently ignore him and his posts.
    CL is still a cracking forum though!
  • Options
    Greenie, I can't help it - I now find myself mentally shortlisting candidates who could be the poster you're talking about!

Hang on, it's not me is it?
    :-O
  • Options

Once you don’t like a poster for their political view, it is then rare that you fully appreciate their Charlton view, even if it is something you would agree with if posted by someone else. Straight away, there is a difference that provides an unwanted backdrop.

Away from that, some of the other key repeated things people liked the least were “Abuse and Swearing”, “Aggressive/sarcastic posters who have to be right, or always have to have the last word” and “Attention whores and those who only post to wind others up”.
    These two bits really made me think about how I view and use the site. On reflection, I'm guilty of deciding that some people on here are dicks, purely on the basis of a few posts that I found unfunny, aggressive, intolerant or just deliberate wind-ups. This has affected my enjoyment of the site, including causing me to often avoid getting involved in debates.
    So I now resolve to pack in this childish behaviour. You're all alright really and we all like the same football team too!

Good post LordR, however there is one poster on here who irritates the life out of me, he is not funny and quite sad and obviously has a massive inferiority complex. I would like to think if we met in real life he would be a decent chap, but because of the contributions he makes and cheap shots he takes whenever I see his user name a think 24 carat gold dickhead and consequently ignore him and his posts.
    Im a she not a he!!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    We've all got one or two of those Greenie and the best thing is to do exactly what you're doing. Nature of the beast I'm afraid.

I've only hit the Ignore button once so far but have a watching brief on a couple of others. You do all have the Ignore option enabled on your settings don't you?

Just realised if Greenie doesn't reply that means I must be the one!
  • Options
    LordR-Lol

Curb-It- I know you are.

BA- The Ignore button sound great! Where do I get one?

• Options
    Think I know EXACTLY who you mean by that description.
  • Options
    I'm surprised people have narrowed it down to 1 or 2?
  • Options

Regarding the CL Clique, I've only met Henry and CharltonDan the rest are made up by AFKA - FACT!
    The truth is out at last : - )
  • Options
    Think I know EXACTLY who you mean by that description.
    I have 2 joint favourites :-)
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited April 2012
    Edited for serious discussion only.

• Options
    I thought this would be a serious discussion about the survey results and the future of this site. Some constructive help or criticism.
    Not at all. It's back to the in crowd again with there silly in jokes and it's all getting so very very boring on this thread.
    How sad
  • Options
    I think you're being a tad unfair CV.

You can only have a serious debate if people are interested enough to add a serious comment, and its no ones fault if people are not really interested enough to do so.

But forums and communities can't just be serious debate. There has to be humour as well, and in jokes will always play a part in that.
  • Options
    This says it all, i.e that we all knew you were doing a great job and had the balance just right

'88% believed it is roughly pitched about right,
    6% believe it is too harsh
    6% believe it to be too soft.'

Feel the ying/yang....CL must have incredibly good karma!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interesting that the issue of swearing/abuse had come out. I know that this is a particular bug bear of mine but I really do think the two are linked to the issue of overly aggressive posters, wum, and the 'attention whores'.

It is the intolerance to swearing and abuse that is the single biggest difference on this site and enables us to have the discussions about the contentious issues and I'm fully supportive of admin taking a stronger line still.
  • Options
    One thing I've learnt in life is that people will moan about the bad and flock like flies round a cow pat. When something is good little is ever said often.

The fact that the replies on the early part of this thread were mainly flippant in nature suggests to me that people are broadly happy.

Well done to the Management!
  • Options
    I don't think there's any question that that is the case Len and is further testimony to the hard work put in by those responsible for moderating CL.
  • Options
    I LOVE CHARLTON LIFE!
  • Options
    One thing I've learnt in life is that people will moan about the bad and flock like flies round a cow pat. When something is good little is ever said often.
    Love that quote.

One other related aspect that has given us much food for thought recently is that often when someone writes something that "says it all" it is hard to think of things to add other than "this" or "well said" etc. which get's tedious fast. That means that someone with a great comment is left with no feedback and wondering what they've said wrong! How many times have you gone to follow up a great comment, then abandoned the idea because there's really not a lot more to say? Or, someone else has followed up and it just seems silly to keep adding. Much of the positive feedback is lost in this way.

Now, if you say something "outrageous" or "silly", you'll get more than your share of attention.

We're working on addressing that, so that there are other ways to "reward" good contributions.
  • Options
    AFKA messaged me once telling me to change my username.

It was a small taste of what the elite must have on a day to day basis...

Prawn sandwiches and all...
  • Options
    I can't see the problem. It's not like any 'clique' members make their whereabouts secret

I do.

D'oh !

• Options
    edited April 2012

Sorry.

• Options

Sorry.
  • Options
    We're working on addressing that, so that there are other ways to "reward" good contributions.
    Cash rewards?