Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone renting out rooms/places for the Olympics?

Heard from a friend that they are getting £1700/wk for their place over the Olympic period. Made me think is it worth me doing it as well? Anyone here doing it and if so what tips can they give?

Comments

• Options
    thought about doing it as live 5 mins walk from the centre, but have a hectic Summer as it is and don't have time to clear out personal items and get place ready / take photos / handle enquiries, albeit the money was pretty tempting. Best route, if you can, is to get someone for the whole period rather than the hassle of "change-over" days. My brother's an old hand at this with their flat in Chancery lane.

It's defo a moneyspinner and there's a lot of demand. The rate your friend's getting sounds about right too. Have a look on www.homeaway.com, or just search via Google.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    I have a friend that is running a business doing just this. If you are interested let me know and I'll put you in contact with him.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    What's funnier is that some idiot will pay those prices to stay there!
  • Options
    average?
  • Options
    deffo.

10 mins drive to the equestrian park? Best they take some walking shoes.

I did get offered 2k a week for our flat from a client of Taverns for 6 or 8 weeks. I dont think we would have got that as it wasnt that big. Anyway it was sold by then.
  • Options
    Thanks for your help gang. I'll have a look at the website. To be honest I wonder if I have left this a bit late, but the money does seem rather silly and it will be only once in my lifetime. Could pay a chunk of the mortgage off in a very short space of time! Kings Hill I may give you a shout as well regarding your friend's business.
  • Options
    http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p415214

haha.

As if you can see Wembley Stadium from the top - who are they kidding! (Unless it comes with access to the Hubble telescope!)

• Options
    Be careful. Lot of scams about. A lot of people got done for website admin fees for the Ryder cup in Newport.
  • Options
    Be careful. Lot of scams about. A lot of people got done for website admin fees for the Ryder cup in Newport.
    That's what I'm worried about as well. In the end, it's my own home and not a rental one. Is it going to be worth that risk in the end, no matter how lucrative it may potentially be?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    that place was up for sale 3 years ago for £1.7m
  • Options
    http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p415214

haha.

As if you can see Wembley Stadium from the top - who are they kidding! (Unless it comes with access to the Hubble telescope!)

You can see Wembley (the arch) when driving down Shooters Hill so reason why from there you could not see it.
  • Options
    yep, the arch is easily visable from the top of Shooters Hill
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    The point is, they are making it sound as if it's just around the corner.