Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain.

edited April 2012 in Not Sports Related
Came across them on youtube playing 'Ghost Riders in the Sky' and some other stuff, and also a podcast with Glenn Tilbrook playing along and chatting with them. Anyone seen them live at all ?

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Fantastic. Not seen them live but love the Anarchy in the Ukelele album.
  • Options
    Seen them twice live at corporate functions - very funny live, particularly them performing Miss Dy-Na-Mi-Tee and Hard to Handle.
  • Options
    My cousin Joesph used to play with them but he got in lots of bother in hotels etc when they toured so sadly they decided to Ban Jo......
  • Options
    Believe they clean windows when they aren't leaning on a lamp post.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Saw them many years ago at the Grosvenor House for a corporate event. Was hosting a table and had my back to the stage, so didn't see them setting up and then they launched into Teenage Kicks. Thought they were murdering one of my favourite songs until I stopped being precious and got into it.

Miss Dynami-t-e was great and they then did a Russian Cossack version of Leaning on a Lamppost renaming it Lenin on a Lamppost. Absolutely in tears of laughter by the end of the set. A great night.
  • Options
    Saw them at the Cambridge Folk festival a few years ago.They played a version of shaft,one of the most entertaining groups i have seen.
  • Options
    Ah but can they play this ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va9blVXZWgY
  • Options
    That's at least 6 month's worth of Would Ya's!