Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Replacement windows and doors /Help required

My eldest son and his wife are moving to their new house in Bexleyheath over the next couple of weeks. The property was built around 1910 and needs all the rear windows etc replacing. Can any lifers recommend someone reliable locally who can advise them. Maybe a small family firm would fit the bill. Heavily advertised national firms with commissioned sales people not wanted.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Comments

• Options
    Ray @ Kingswood Windows did me a couple of sashes and a casement. High quality and much cheaper than the bigger firms.

0207 702 0000
  • Options
    No supplier recommendation but make sure you get internally glazed frames not externally glazed ones as the latter are just too easy for scrotes to get into.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    My Brother In Law has a small family business called Taylored Windows. He's a salt-of-the-earth, honest and hardworking bloke. Won't let you down. Lives in Welling. Has a 100% feedback record on mybuilder.com which speaks for itself.

Will Inbox you his number.
  • Options
    RS joinery, Mayplace Road East. Made some hardwood windows for me a couple of years ago.
  • Options
    Chunes - can you inbox me his details too please?
  • Options
    Try MA White (The Glass Shop) Dartford Tel 0132288445 I have been using Mark for over 20 years without any problems(i strayed once to another company and regreted it big time!)he has supplied and fitted glass into existing frames for me at work and home as well as supplying and fitting UPVC Windows & Doors.
  • Options
    Thanks to everyone who has responded so far. I'm passing the contacts on to my so as they arrive.
  • Options
    Chunes - can you inbox me his details too please?
    And my inbox too please. Thanks.
  • Options
    Chunes,
    I've been looking into getting a new composite front door fitted and the cheapest I've found, supplied and fitted is around £ 800.00
    There are a few sites that offer to build the door for you to fit yourself at a fraction of this cost, but I'm not confident.

Do you think you're brother in law would be interested in fitting a pre purchased door? thanks
  • Options
    Inboxed those who asked for the number.

Phantom, I've txt him to ask him. Will let you know.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He does it. Have inboxed you the number.
  • Options
    Inboxed those who asked for the number.

Phantom, I've txt him to ask him. Will let you know.
    Got it. Thanks.
    Make sure he buys you a few beers for all the work you're sending his way!