Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Knowing Rival's Results

(Sorry if this has been done before: can't search at the moment)

With Man. U. kicking off shortly and City and Arsenal playing later, what difference does it make in how a team mentally approaches a game knowing how their nearest rival have done? We all know Sky calls the tune, but is it fair that two crucial games should be played in this way?

Comments

• Options
    I think it has to affect them in some way, even if they wouldn't admit it. Perhaps it affects the fans more though.
  • Options
    It definitely affects them. They will without doubt come out and say 'we're just focussing on ourselves blah blah' - that's rubbish. Its human nature to want to know what your competitors are doing.

These days the players seem to be on Twitter up until half hour before kick off so knowing a big result from earlier in the day wouldn't be a surprise.
  • Options
    We will see on monday with the maaasivvve playing Oldham at half 12 , I have a feeling Oldham could get something off of them and a win for us will make it nigh on certain ( I believe it is already) but it will make it very very difficult for weds to catch us

• Options
    Made us all a little more nervous yesterday knowing Wednesday had won, so it does have a effect.
  • Options
    It made the fans more nervous powelly said in his interview that he didn't know which players knew the score , so I don't think that it had an affect on them ,

Weds and blades doing well will keep us on our guard the 2 poor games from the boys came when they thought they could take the foot off the gas