Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Liverpool report vs Villa

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9193198/Liverpool-manager-Kenny-Dalglishs-excuses-cannot-mask-his-sides-failings-following-draw-with-Aston-Villa.html

Interesting take on Liverpool's problems and the Liverpool Supporting journo's take on Shelvey and Henderson at the "yet this performance" paragraph. They did not replace Alonso, Mascherano or Mereiles with similar quality?

Jonjo did well at Blackpool, back at CAFC perhaps next season on loan?

Comments

• Options
    still only a young lad what do they expect
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Steven Gerrard was intentionally played as a second striker for some time behind Torres so blaming that on either Shelvey or Henderson is a bit baffling really.

It would probably help if between £55million, their two forwards could score 20 each a season., or in Carroll's case a realistic target, like say half a dozen.
  • Options
    Shelvey on season long loan would be best signing of the summer!
  • Options
    Liverpool's problem is that SG is cack and can't pass to a red shirt.
  • Options
    Or won't pass, more like it.
  • Options
    Not really!! He spent most of his time here on the bench!! I think he is a little overrated, average - good at best to be honest!
  • Options
    Wouldn't want Shelvey back on loan next season not even a months loan! I think he is overrated and we got a great deal for him end of story.
  • Options
    I agree with Kish, vastly overated, too slow and ponderous in midfield.
  • Options
    Interesting take on Liverpool's problems and the Liverpool Supporting journo's take on Shelvey and Henderson at the "yet this performance" paragraph. They did not replace Alonso, Mascherano or Mereiles with similar quality?

That article says a lot about the problems in English football. Too many teams are signing young players and then rathet than working with them to get them up to the right technical level and standard of fitness they are chucked in at the deep end. Some sink, some swim. I hope Jonjo makes it, but perhaps a move to a decent attacking upper CCC side would be the best move.
  • Options
    I also don't see Shelvey in our future plans. Good passer of the ball but can't tackle, can't head, too slow and all one footed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am in the "don't want him back" camp and he looks out of his depth playing for Liverpool at the moment
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Don't need him. Anyway Dale ( I'm your latest scapegoat) Stephens is better!
  • Options
    We seem to be getting very fussy for a team that will just have been promoted from League 1.

Did well in the Championship for Blackpool and will be maturing month on month.

Whether a season long loan is what we should be looking at (for any player) is a different question but I find it hard to see why he is being dismissed so quickly.
  • Options
    Got to agree with legaladdick points above.

Never liked the way he used to swagger off whenever he was subbed.

Also saw an interview last season when he was selected by LIverpool for a Europa Cup game and he comes out with 'I was born to play football at this level'......pretentious tosser.
  • Options
    Nah, I don't want any two-footed passing midfield players in our team.

Is he tall enough etc etc

• Options
    well shelvey and/or henderson are somehow keeping maxi rodriguez on the liverpool bench. perhaps we can get him.
    at least king kenny is breaking some long-standing liverpool records this season. the only thing that would make it more pleasing is if he were to take over scotland on a part time basis.
  • Options
    Liverpool will be in the Europa League next year , so I suspect he will feature regularly in that competition and would not be available to come on loan until the January window.