Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New York

edited April 2012 in Not Sports Related
Going again in June, but haven't been since '03, any recommendation on where to eat and go.

Staying here http://zhotelny.com/, so if you have any Long Island City/Queens recommendations, all the better.

Comments

• Options
    Carnegie Deli 854 7th Avenue at 55th Street, New York, just go there for one of their Sandwiches at Lunch mate, unbelievable & if you missus likes Cheescake they do one of the best.
  • Options
    I love cheesecake! Good recommendation
  • Options
    Cheers B, I did do a search
  • Options
    Go to see either the Yankees or the Mets.

you might fall in love with the second best team sport in the world but even if you don't going to a baseball game at least once is an experience not to be missed
  • Options
    I want to go to see the Mets, it's Mrs Z who isn't overly enthused by the idea.
  • Options
    Go and see the New York Rangers ... great fun
  • Options

you might fall in love with the second best team sport in the world but even if you don't going to a baseball game at least once is an experience not to be missed
    I made the mistake of going to watch the Omaha Royals (now called the Omaha Storm Chasers - stupid name!) I think they are some sort of feeder team for the Kansas City Royals. Now, that was an experience to be missed!

• Options
    Take some ear plugs. One of the world's noisiest cities. Soak it up.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I want to go to see the Mets, it's Mrs Z who isn't overly enthused by the idea.
    Put your foot down man....and save room for a Nathan's Foot Long

Trattoria dell'Arte near Carnegie Hall is a terrific Italian restaurant
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Better than synchronised fly-fishing?
  • Options
    Carnegie Deli kinda has to be done, but at the same time, is really frikkin stupid. It's no different from me having a friend round, putting three packets of meat into two slices of bread, and then asking "How impressed are you?"

Also, I took my girlfriend to Mets. She was not enthused AT ALL. She ended up buying a T-Shirt, eating a foot long (nothing to do with the baseball or hot dogs admittedly) and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. They do so many stupid things between innings it's more like a panto than a sports event. Watching a dog make the first pitch of the day was a surprise.

PS Best to use Google to search Charlton Life - it's quite effective.
  • Options
    Found a deal on the Mets, $25 dollars for ticket, hot dog, fries, soda against the Cardinals on the Sunday we're there. 1.10 first pitch, so even if she hates it, we can back in Manhattan by 3
  • Options
    Citi Field's a terrific stadium. Mets v Cards....with all the fixin's............for $25............deeply envious.
  • Options
    Citi Field's a terrific stadium. Mets v Cards....with all the fixin's............for $25............deeply envious.

What PM said. World Champions for 25 bucks. Flipping bargain. I demand you bring me back a Cards T-shirt XL in US sizes will be fine : - )
  • Options
    I'll take a top-of-the-range Mets jersey, XL.

With the money you saved on that deal, it should be do-able!

• Options
    With a woman in tow the ONLY deli to head for is Katz - it is where they filmed the fake orgasm scene in When Harry met Sally and the food is great - google it
  • Options
    Also check out any events on at Madison Square Garden I was there 18 months ago and despite.my reservations thoroughly enjoyed Central Park zoo!
  • Options
    Been to both and was petrified at Yankee Stadium. Horrid location and most importantly a ridiculously boring sport.

Basketball for the win!!!!!

Cipriani's in Soho was always good for food and 230 Fifth Avenue was a stunning place for a night out. Amazing views but not easy on the pocket

• Options
    We're going to the baseball!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Im going on the 11 June.
  • Options
    Give the Cards a cheers for me

Remember it's saint lou - is not san lou-ee