Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Getting round the hosepipe ban

get yourself a bore hole drilled in your garden and away you go. Most places the water table is only a few metres down, attach a pump, attach your hose and water away to your hearts content using a hose legally. Water the veggies, wash the car - every day if you want. Will set you back about £1,500 but you can extract up to 20,000 litres a day without needing a license. Most households use 150 litres a day. And all this water is free as you are not charged and it is not metered.

Anyone think, like me, that this is inherently wrong. What if we all did this. Would certainly be a water shortage then.

Comments

• Options
    Apparently if you have a blue badge you are able to use a hose to water your garden - so I have decided to rent My sister out for the summer on hose duty - if you want a lush green lawn, or the tallest sunflowers in your street - let me know - lol ;-)
  • Options
    As much as I would like to rent your sister out Adam, I fear it is only their residence that they can use the hose on. Therefore I would be paying for your sister to have a nice lawn rather than me.
  • Options
    I dont think the bore hole thing works to extent you can take what you want - I dont know how it works, but overheard a conversation that they are limited to how much they can take as it affects the water table
  • Options
    just drink all summer and piss in the garden
  • Options
    I was told at work the other day that it was ok to use one as it was for 'business use'. Didn't make sense to me.
  • Options
    Surely buying and using a watering can would be a much simpler, cheaper and easier way to get your garden watered? A bucket also works perfectly well for washing the car.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    We had to make a big call this year as to the putting the spa/hottub into use. In the end a sense of duty prevailed and it has no water in it :(

No way I am using a bucket to fill that up.
  • Options
    I bought a Karcher pressure washer about a week before the ban was announced!
  • Options
    I dont think the bore hole thing works to extent you can take what you want - I dont know how it works, but overheard a conversation that they are limited to how much they can take as it affects the water table
    yes, limited to 20,000 litres A DAY

• Options
    We had to make a big call this year as to the putting the spa/hottub into use. In the end a sense of duty prevailed and it has no water in it :(

No way I am using a bucket to fill that up.
    way to go. A hot tub without water.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How to get around the hosepipe ban?

Build a nice patio.

Or, like me, fail to give a sh*t about what your garden looks like.
  • Options
    If you own chickens your aloud to use a hose in your garden.
  • Options
    This.

There's one "hose" they can't stop you using in your own back garden!
  • Options
    This.

I have to laugh at this. I had an extension built last year, the builders were on site for approx 3 months and we used to get up and go to work and leave them to it.

At the beginning of the job we explained they were welcome to make a cup of tea and use the toilet etc however I discovered half way through the job that instead of taking their boots off and coming in for a piss thy were walking down to the bottom of the garden and pissing in between my green house and shed which is out of sight and not over looked.

Feck me the flower and weed growth in that area now is unstoppable and I am sure it has something to do with the added piss.
  • Options
    Ignore it - it's just a publicity stunt.

We live on an island, surrounded by water. We have a canal network that can transport water from the wet side of the country to the dry side. The water companies make exhorbitant profits, yet won't invest in infrastructure. The amount of leakage from pipework is a national scandal. It hasn't stopped raining since the ban was introduced.

Re-nationalise this natural resource and make it work for the people, not the fat cats in the water companies and foreign 'investors'.
  • Options
    You are not related to North London Addick are you Addickted?

May I ask how big your balls are :-)
  • Options
    If you have an outside tap leave it on and it will eventually flood the garden. If you want a paddling pool filled up position it under the outside tap :))
  • Options
    Essex hasn't got a hosepipe ban (yet): you could run a very, very long hosepipe from my outside tap....
  • Options
    Ignore it - it's just a publicity stunt.

We live on an island, surrounded by water. We have a canal network that can transport water from the wet side of the country to the dry side. The water companies make exhorbitant profits, yet won't invest in infrastructure. The amount of leakage from pipework is a national scandal. It hasn't stopped raining since the ban was introduced.

Re-nationalise this natural resource and make it work for the people, not the fat cats in the water companies and foreign 'investors'.
    Whilst this is true, its a stunt which comes with a £1000 if your neighbours are ****s (insert own word according to taste / depravity)
  • Options
    Nobody has ever been fined £1,000 for using their hosepipe during a ban.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Three strikes and you're out. Two warnings then a fine, apparently.
  • Options
    This.

I have to laugh at this. I had an extension built last year,
    Oerr...