Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Boring....but True facts.

Comments

• Options
    Hard Rock Cafe make more money from their merchandising than from food and drink sales!
    It tastes better too...

• Options
    1). The new Heineken ad on the telly was filmed over 3 days in The Rivoli, Brockley. True.
    I didn't know the Rivoli was still there.

I used to live in Crofton Park Road and got the train to school (Sedgehill) and obviously used to see the Rivoli everyday.

Never interested in going inside I was too busy trying to get in the Brockley Jack.

You've described my life right there. I too used to travel to Sedgehill from Crofton Park.

• Options
    Oh, right, facts. The late Gill Scott Heron was the voice in the old Tango ads: 'You knooow when you've been Tangoed.'
  • Options
    Oh, right, facts. The late Gill Scott Heron was the voice in the old Tango ads: 'You knooow when you've been Tangoed.'
    This reminds me of the fact that Bob Holness played the sax on Baker Street! :-)
  • Options
    Only this wasn't made up by Stuart Maconie! Seriously, it's true. I had an interview somewhere where the great man himself discussed pulling out of the ads when he found out that kids were copying the slapping.
  • Options
    35. 35 is the atomic number of bromine (Br), first isolated by chemists in Bromley in 1835.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    36) 80085 is the atomic number of jism, first isolated by brasses in Chorlton Cum Hardy in 1759.
  • Options
    37) David Hasslehoff played Michael Knight on "Knight Rider". The Hoffs ex-wife, Catherine Hickland, is currently married to Michael E. Knight
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    38) Jism isn't in the dictionary.
    It was but then I got a new one.
  • Options
    36) of you made a 1m thick girder out of spider webs, it would be able to hold more weight than a 1m girder made of steel
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pork scratching are in fact pig’s foreskins.

Pigs are Jewish (hence Jews not eating pork) and are circumcised at birth and the remaining skin is fried and sold off to pubs etc
  • Options
    Pork scratching are in fact pig’s foreskins.

Pigs are Jewish (hence Jews not eating pork) and are circumcised at birth and the remaining skin is fried and sold off to pubs etc
    File that under 'urban myth'.

• Options
    45) Blackadder IV was filmed in a real air raid shelter and the final scene on the battlefield was filmed at Danson Park.
  • Options
    46) Slugs have 4 noses
    47) A cockroach can live several weeks with it's head cut off.
  • Options
    48) There is a city called 'Rome' on every continent.
  • Options
    49)Right handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    1). The new Heineken ad on the telly was filmed over 3 days in The Rivoli, Brockley. True.

I used to live in Crofton Park Road and got the train to school (Sedgehill) and obviously used to see the Rivoli everyday.

Never interested in going inside I was too busy trying to get in the Brockley Jack.

You've described my life right there. I too used to travel to Sedgehill from Crofton Park.

If it's not a rude question how old are you @hawksmoor.

I went to Sedgehill between 71 and 77 (yes I am that old).

• Options
    48) There is a city called 'Rome' on every continent.
    Antarctica?

• Options

If it's not a rude question how old are you @hawksmoor.

I went to Sedgehill between 71 and 77 (yes I am that old).

Sorry, mate, I was there 80-85. My brother would've been there during your time, though. So you would've just missed Francis Rossi?

• Options
    I went to his house up near Blythe Hill.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was that where he lived? Blimey, I know Blythe Hill well.
  • Options
    @hawksmoor just inboxed you.
  • Options
    50) this thread is for facts not friends re-united
  • Options
    51) yeah
  • Options
    52. Sorry.
  • Options
    53. All right. Kenney Jones was the drummer on the Stones' It's Only Rock 'n' Roll, not Charlie Watts. Can't remember why, though.
  • Options
    53. Thats because ValleyGary hasn't got any friends (smiley thing)
  • Options
    55. Hartlepool have Hartley in defence and Poole up front.
  • Options
    56. Southamptonaddick is right, i havent
  • Options
    57. If you fart consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.