Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Company Secretary - Share of Freehold

2»

Comments

• Options
    Another source of advice/help would be an accountant, but you'd have to pay him/her.
  • Options
    Another source of advice/help would be an accountant, but you'd have to pay him/her.
    Just a bookeeper should be sufficent I'd say?

• Options
    Did you get anywhere with this?
  • Options
    Hi Len,
    Thanks for asking!
    Friday was a nightmare of a day with her solicitor advising her not to buy due to the lax nature in which the flat owners of our property operate our management of the property and our freehold. Our buyer was on the phone demanding me call her via the estate agent which I refuse to do.
    They questioned that we werent making any effort at all our side to move the process along swiftly and I lectured the estate agent for 20 minutes with a list of things we had completed and passed on to our solicitor and which he had passed on to hers (as i asked him to cc me into everything) so it was in fact her solicitor holding things up.
    It seems by friday pm her solicitor is much more relaxed and in the picture now with regards to our property, and we've provided details of the other flat owners and nominated one of the other flat owners in a round about way to deal with the transfer after we move out. (we haven't told her!) I think the transfer documentation is on its way to us to sign tonight and drop back to the solicitors so that we can exchange and complete on Monday. No idea about termination of the director stuff, but happy to help assist with resolving that after we've sold, just need to complete by monday for her sake.

Feeling quite sad now that tomorrow is my last commute to work from Lee. :-(
  • Options
    completed on the sale of our flat today. officially homeless. thanks to all for your help with explaining the jargon.

is it normal to have 1 email at 12 from solicitor saying 'sale complete' and only that, and hear nothing from the estate agent or any one else in relation to the sale? we still have a set of keys that we needed to lock up the flat when we left yesterday?
  • Options
    Sadly yes! Well perhaps not 'normal' but not unusual. Different people have their own agendas and very rarely does their aganda match yours. As you are now homeless I hope the weather brightens up;-)
  • Options
    well I got a letter from the estate agents fwd'd on by an old neighbour. It was sent to our old flat address on the day of our completion via 2nd class post asking us to make sure that we vacate the premises by the 30th april. handy as we'd vacated before the 30th and moved to an alternative address.

shoddy. sent off complaint last wednesday regarding the terrible service, and received a response today saying they don't think they did anything wrong at all throughout the whole process. NO ONE EVER SELL/BUY THROUGH KFH. terrible terrible service. the diary of all of their incompetence's from beginning to end is 7 pages long and they have 'investigated' and found nothing to be wrong. their standards are disgusting and prices to match.
    never again. hindsight is a wonderful thing.
  • Options
    I rented a property through KFH for two years. Absolute shambles. horrible, unorganised company that i would never deal with again
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    well I got a letter from the estate agents fwd'd on by an old neighbour. It was sent to our old flat address on the day of our completion via 2nd class post asking us to make sure that we vacate the premises by the 30th april. handy as we'd vacated before the 30th and moved to an alternative address.

shoddy. sent off complaint last wednesday regarding the terrible service, and received a response today saying they don't think they did anything wrong at all throughout the whole process. NO ONE EVER SELL/BUY THROUGH KFH. terrible terrible service. the diary of all of their incompetence's from beginning to end is 7 pages long and they have 'investigated' and found nothing to be wrong. their standards are disgusting and prices to match.
    never again. hindsight is a wonderful thing.
    Have you resigned as directors yet?

http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/forms/introduction.shtml

Make it effective from the date you completed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For complaints about Estate Agents, try the Property Ombudsman:

http://www.tpos.co.uk/

• Options
    yep, resigned as directors on 30th april when we moved out and completed.

thanks Blackforest - i've got to escalate the complaint via their own channels first but after that, they are my next step.

In other news, we exchanged today on the house we are buying so only 13 more days living with parents!!!
  • Options
    yep, resigned as directors on 30th april when we moved out and completed.

thanks Blackforest - i've got to escalate the complaint via their own channels first but after that, they are my next step.

In other news, we exchanged today on the house we are buying so only 13 more days living with parents!!!
    Well done!

One of my daughters completed yesterday on her purchase so I am fully refreshed as to the stress involved!