Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pub near London Bridge?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Didn't notice it, but I always go in between 5 and 7 pm when it is busy and Harveys is on at £2.50
  • Options
    Ah, not the one I'm thinking of then!
  • Options
    Looks like I'm going to have to have a bit of a pub crawl before the game today then
  • Options
    Market porter,
  • Options
    Bunch of Grapes it is then

Thanks for the help
  • Options
    The George is notorious for attracting large groups of foreign visitors, but if it is a nice day, the open courtyard is a very handy space if you have a large group of of students with you.

The new Wheatsheaf is fairly large too, as is the Barrowboy and Banker (a lot of the other pubs could get a bit cramped with such a large group)
  • Options
    Bunch of Grapes it is then

Thanks for the help
    Did you like?
  • Options
    I work near LB and the main problem I find with the George is that it always seems to take a minimum of 20 minutes to get served because of the tiny bar area - even longer if the sun's out. And with 15 foreign students you can probably double that. Mudlark is a good shout for reasons outlined above - and also when you fall out of it you're practically already on platform 4 and ready to roll. Little bit further away (5 min walk), but I would also recommend The Woolpack on Bermondsey Street. Nice big leafy garden, good range, space for large groups upstairs etc, etc.
  • Options
    Or try The Horseshoe Inn at 26 Melior Street,not a bad pub does food but the beer gardens is a bit on the small side
  • Options
    Market Porter is always mobbed specially on a Saturday when the market is in full swing. 15 students trying to order a drink sounds tricky to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ahh the bunch of grapes...or as I like to call it the “grapple of grapes”...just so then I can pretend to clutch/grasp something with my hand when I say grapple in a slightly perverted way.
  • Options
    I'd steer clear of Borough Market pubs on a Saturday, it'll be a pain in the neck. Any other time I'd have said The Rake. The Cooperage near the underground exit does a great pint and might be a bit less packed.
  • Options
    The George inn. The best pub in London.