Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Let's hope they can afford to police it !
  • Options
    Good to see the plan - we'll know where the Valley Express coaches need to pick up!
  • Options
    Fair play to them looks good.
  • Options
    Llidl's and Gillingham - could not be a more perfect match.

does anyone know what capacity its gonna hold?
  • Options
    It does read a bit like Scally wants someone else to pay (a supermarket) to pay for the stadium.
  • Options
    again?
  • Options
    That artist impressions are a bit unrealistic, where are the chicken and kebab shops?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Cos that's what Supermarket's want, a noisy neighbour that clogs up their carpark whilst not providing any additional customers, and in a worse case scenario could see your store the venue for agressive chants, etc. or even running battles. I was at Gravesend station on Saturday when the high speed train pulled in, rammed with Swindon fans and police. Two gillingham balls boys/youth team players got off in full tracksuits to a round ok "Pikies, Pikies, Pikies". I'm sure every supermarket would jump at the chance to subject their customer's to that sort of thing a few times a year.

Also, with that location, any supermarket would be competing with the giant Tesco just round the corner, and the big Sainsbury at Hempstead Valley, so that probably rules out Asda, Waitrose and Morrisons, might still attract a Lidl or Aldi, but they won't want to spend as much.
  • Options
    Cos that's what Supermarket's want, a noisy neighbour that clogs up their carpark whilst not providing any additional customers, and in a worse case scenario could see your store the venue for agressive chants, etc. or even running battles. I was at Gravesend station on Saturday when the high speed train pulled in, rammed with Swindon fans and police. Two gillingham balls boys/youth team players got off in full tracksuits to a round ok "Pikies, Pikies, Pikies". I'm sure every supermarket would jump at the chance to subject their customer's to that sort of thing a few times a year.

Also, with that location, any supermarket would be competing with the giant Tesco just round the corner, and the big Sainsbury at Hempstead Valley, so that probably rules out Asda, Waitrose and Morrisons, might still attract a Lidl or Aldi, but they won't want to spend as much.
    Not sure about it, I prefer the proper old grounds with tradition and history (loftus road, Anfield) not sure about all these new builds.
  • Options
    Are they not planning on a supermarket building on their cement stadium?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scally has got no chance. Local news down here reported that our favorite Millwall fan (who could not afford Millwall...) was intent on blocking a pretty well thought out redevelopment of Gillingham docks a couple of weeks ago. The council with a key partner already in place had thought long and hard on the plan. Never mind the redevelopment of a absolute crap hole for the benefit of thousands of jobs in the Medway Towns, this silly little twerp was still of the opinion that the Jills should form the ringpiece sorry centrepiece of some sort of Pikie theme park. As usual Mr Scally does not want to put any of his own money where his overly large mouth is.
  • Options
    Doubt this will happen. Another Scally pipe dream.
  • Options
    I see trees are see-through in Gillingham.
  • Options
    Think it could be the 99p store or poundland! The areas full of them!
  • Options
    There was a 97p shop there when we went down for the league match
  • Options
    LOOKS QUITE NICE...........