Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How to let your team down...

...John Terry...what a prat! Probably forgot he wasn't playing in England where refs are not allowed to disagree with him!!

Comments

• Just like Russell, should never play for the club again blah blah blah
  • Bit different to Russel. Terry just decided to have a cowardly dig from behind. Didn't see anything bad from Busquets beforehand.
  • Scumbag who should not be let anywhere near the England set up. Past it aswell.

If I was a Chelsea fan, I's be ashamed of him.
  • Terry is a maggot a scum bag of a human being and an idiot for what he has done , but I can understand why he has done it

He tried to give the lad a sly dig , slow him down and rile him he got caught got sent off and that's it

I would love someone to do it to fabregas I forgot how much I hated him
  • Jorge Costa's favorite "hello" to the forward he was marking. But in those days there weren't six officials and I'd like to bet the initial spot came from elsewhere.
  • Definitely did. It was the linesman who spotted it. Being called a big man for coming out now and facing the cameras. Not sure he had much choice after claiming he'd done nothing wrong at half time, only to be shown the film.
  • Couldnt believe what Souness et al were saying giving him credit for holding his hands up in that interview... what did they hear that I didn't?! All he did was try to worm his way out and say "it looked bad on the video". Pathetic spineless little tosser. He's a 31 year old man ffs, doing something stupid and unprovoked like that and then trying to weasel your way out of it with that "he was trying to turn me" b*llocks!!
  • Bit different to Russel. Terry just decided to have a cowardly dig from behind. Didn't see anything bad from Busquets beforehand.
    never did I and Sanchez didnt deserve the knee either!
  • Couldnt believe what Souness et al were saying giving him credit for holding his hands up in that interview... what did they hear that I didn't?! All he did was try to worm his way out and say "it looked bad on the video". Pathetic spineless little tosser. He's a 31 year old man ffs, doing something stupid and unprovoked like that and then trying to weasel your way out of it with that "he was trying to turn me" b*llocks!!
    This
  • John Terry is immensely wealthy, who are the real fools ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Interesting contribution to the debate Gramps.
  • Whatever, just wanted to say that he shouldn't be in the England squad for one reason and one reason only...he ain't good enough any more he's leggy and against fast forwards it shows.
  • Chelsea muppets will see him as a legend just like the idiots that still think he should be playing for England!A lowlife coward who as Grandpa says has made a bloody good living from it! Had the the misfortune of seeing terry park in a disabled parking bay and didn't give a toss when there is people like myself with a disabled child who needs to use that space!
  • what was funny is when he done him the Barca player waved to the Lino ---and when the lino got the Refs attention he threw himself around the floor -- funny

Yes Terry was a fool and got what he deserved --but look at the Barca player reaction...is great.

Can not wait to get in champions league :-)

never did I and Sanchez didnt deserve the knee either!
    Cheers 1990...I was obviously paying more attention to "the big man" than the one on the floor!! As above, can't see any reason why he's given credit for facing up to the cameras afterwards. He'd made a comment at half-time and was obviously shown the footage and needed to backtrack and weasel his way out of that! Have no love whatsoever for Chelsea, but found myself pleased with the result, especially knowing that this yob can't play in the final!
  • Love him or hate him, Terry is still the best English central defender
    Ha ha, good one! I take it this is a joke, right? Even when he was at his very very best, he never produced in an England shirt the sort of dominant displays he produced for Chelsea. At times this season it's been frankly embarrassing to watch how he's defended for Chelsea and have him any where near an England place.

A, personally speaking, I wouldn't care if he was some sort of super defender, he is a vile human being and I don't want him representing my country. How he could come out last night with "It looks bad in the video, but I'm not that sort of player" with a straight-face is beyond me. You are that sort of player Terry, we saw you do it today, we saw you do something equally snidey to Puyol last week, we've seen you get away with crap for years because you play for a "big club" and you're England captain. We've seen abuse your position as England captain and try to financially profit from a position that should be the greatest honour a player can get.

So, and I think/hope I speak for a lot of people, fuck off, we've had enough of you abusing your position, abusing opponents and cheating. You are a disgrace and I hope that only England shirt you ever get near again is on a rack at Sports Direct.

• John Terry is immensely wealthy, who are the real fools ?
    Ched Evans is quite wealthy.

See what I did there?
  • Was stupid because he had a good chance of being caught and the consequences were a definite red - but a lot of players have done similar. He'll be fined and has been made to look stupid- that is punishment enough -I don't like him but don't like witch hunts either.
  • @randy andy

Well you certainly speak for me!
  • Sponsored links:

• ditto
    Ha ha, good one! I take it this is a joke, right? Even when he was at his very very best, he never produced in an England shirt the sort of dominant displays he produced for Chelsea. At times this season it's been frankly embarrassing to watch how he's defended for Chelsea and have him any where near an England place.
    Who is better than him then? I would definitely have him in my England team
  • Really he is im mobile and has to foul to try and get advantage; there must be better English players in the Prem at CB; I don't watch it much my self.
  • well man city have by far the best defence, so lescott must be in with a shout. Then you have a choice of Jagjielka or Cahill.

Why would you select Terry, you say he is the best, but on what basis? His positioning is dodgy, he gives away too many free kicks (many needlessly) and he is immobile. On the plus side he's strong in the air, but not many international teams throw the ball into the box. He used to have energy and commitment, putting his body on the line, but far more for Chelsea than he ever did for England, and his rapidly diminishing pace and mobility mean he can't even do that any more.

He is no more than average and will do something stupid again when the pressure is on.
  • edited April 2012
    It is absolutely ridiculous to say "his positioning is dodgy". I also wouldn't really call him "immobile" either, sure there are faster more agile defenders, but he's not exactly getting stripped for pace week in week out in the Prem is he? He has never been particularly quick so it's not like he's lost this from his game as he's got older either (ie Ferdinand). He is a great tackler, immense in the air and is just generally all round a top top defender who is massively experienced at the highest levels of the game.

Saying that though, I do think Lescott has been moderately better this season but not to an extent where it is laughable to suggest that Terry has been as good / better than. I think Cahill and Jagielka are both obviously good but are more prone to make mistakes than either Terry or Lescott though
  • I'm sure cahill will now be in the england starting XI every game, since his move to a "big club". The national team is a joke. For the first time for many years we've run out of top level english centre halves.
  • Most of those good things you say about him are true, when he's playing for Chelsea. He hasn't recreated that form for England on any sort of regular basis and I very much doubt he's going to start now.
  • I've seen milk turn quicker than Terry. No way is he englands best defender. Lescott, Cahill, jagielka, king (although injury prone) over Terry any day.

Proved it the other night he has to try and injure someone on the sly just to keep up with him
  • He's old school in every sense of the word. Should be put out to pasture.

(My 1000th post).