Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Outside Bet: New Film

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdbLDUp1BjY

looks good, lots of local references, looks like the bugle pub one of the scenes. based on a book call the The Mumper, altho written by a millwall fan does look a good little film.

Comments

• Options
    It does look good .. I hope it gets a release in the non cockney north .. could be a new 'Full Monte'
  • Options
    "just shut up and look ard."

"i always look ard."
  • Options
    thats my mate Calum playing lead role!
  • Options
    whats the football film he was in? were they all wore 80s gear
  • Options
    Emily Atack <3
  • Options
    Emily Atack <3</p>

• Options
    Bob Hoskins was filming in the Herschel Arms in Slough for this film in December 2010. This pub was chosen because it has a very traditional interior, as was much more common in the Eighties.

source IMDB
  • Options
    Bob Hoskins was filming in the Herschel Arms in Slough for this film in December 2010. This pub was chosen because it has a very traditional interior, as was much more common in the Eighties.

source IMDB
    so could have been the bugle, as thats been frozen in time since 1986
  • Options
    Looks good this film
  • Options
    the firm
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

source IMDB
    I used to drink in there in the 70s. Was a bit of a dive as I recall.
  • Options
    Looks good this film

http://film.list.co.uk/article/41700-outside-bet/
    The cinematic equivalent of the clumps of horse dung that characters repeatedly step into for the cheapest of laughs, Outside Bet is strictly a non-runner in terms of light entertainment.

In this painfully naïve British comedy, Bob Hoskins painfully overplays his ‘geezer’ card as Percy ‘Smudge’ Smith, the head of a band of Fleet Street hacks who unwisely pass their redundancy money to wide-boy Bax (Calum MacNab), who invests it on a racehorse called the Mumper. The stakes rise for the group when Bax’s father Threads (Philip Davis) is diagnosed with cancer, leading to a predictable climax in which several generations of British stars, including Rita Tushingham, Jenny Agutter and Adam Deacon, cheer on the Mumper in the hope of getting their money back.

Writer/director Sacha Bennett sets his story against the privatisation of the British press in the mid-80s, but his ham-fisted treatment of the politics amounts to nothing more than sub-Full Monty posturing. Jaw-droppingly low production values (the race-track finale looks like it was filmed in an empty field) are matched with dated misogynist comedy, bargain-basement sentimentality and glib ‘money-solves-everything’ moralising, ensuring Outside Bet falls at the first hurdle.
  • Options
    Looks good this film

http://film.list.co.uk/article/41700-outside-bet/
    The cinematic equivalent of the clumps of horse dung that characters repeatedly step into for the cheapest of laughs, Outside Bet is strictly a non-runner in terms of light entertainment.

In this painfully naïve British comedy, Bob Hoskins painfully overplays his ‘geezer’ card as Percy ‘Smudge’ Smith, the head of a band of Fleet Street hacks who unwisely pass their redundancy money to wide-boy Bax (Calum MacNab), who invests it on a racehorse called the Mumper. The stakes rise for the group when Bax’s father Threads (Philip Davis) is diagnosed with cancer, leading to a predictable climax in which several generations of British stars, including Rita Tushingham, Jenny Agutter and Adam Deacon, cheer on the Mumper in the hope of getting their money back.

Writer/director Sacha Bennett sets his story against the privatisation of the British press in the mid-80s, but his ham-fisted treatment of the politics amounts to nothing more than sub-Full Monty posturing. Jaw-droppingly low production values (the race-track finale looks like it was filmed in an empty field) are matched with dated misogynist comedy, bargain-basement sentimentality and glib ‘money-solves-everything’ moralising, ensuring Outside Bet falls at the first hurdle.
    mmm maybe the trailer is not a good indicator ;-)
  • Options
    By-the-by, The horse "Mumper" – mumping (and there a mumper) was an old term for borrowing that remained in popular use in the print.
  • Options
    The film is NOT good I am afraid .... I've had the "opportunity" to see it!
  • Options
    Are we sure it wasn't written by Acworth ?
  • Options
    A little fella called Smudge? No ones going to believe that!
  • Options
    The film is NOT good I am afraid .... I've had the "opportunity" to see it!
    it might be rubbish .. But by God it's ENGLISH rubbish
  • Options
    does anybody remember that irish film about them buying a greyhound to race, simular cirucumstances to outside bet. no money and all that and borrowing of 'ard gezzers'. done about 10 years ago i think.
  • Options
    the firm
    Not the original version but the Nick Love remake
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    nick love giving his view on foot solider not safe for work but funny, saying people will look back on it as the greatest film ever made....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5h9ZPBuBEs
  • Options
    ^ Haha.

Brilliant.
  • Options
    Did I hear right that there will be a trainspotting 2 coming out with Tue whole cast back together
  • Options
    think you are all missing something here. Pause on the credits and checkout the executive producers
  • Options
    think you are all missing something here. Pause on the credits and checkout the executive producers
    TJ and Kevin Cash! PROOF!
  • Options
    Yes, TJ and Kevin Cash help finance the production company's films. Includes other films such as Sket, Shank and Anuvahood.

And Adam, seeing as you hate Daylight Robbery so much, I can't believe you like this!!!!

:-)
  • Options
    What's happening with that St Georges Day film ?

See the trailer ages ago and looked a good film.
  • Options
    NLA ...Irvine welsh has written a prequel skagboys, will be a film
  • Options
    Yes, TJ and Kevin Cash help finance the production company's films. Includes other films such as Sket, Shank and Anuvahood.

And Adam, seeing as you hate Daylight Robbery so much, I can't believe you like this!!!!

:-)
    i havnt seen it yet mate so daylight robbery is still up there..
  • Options
    There was a bill board in hammersmith the other day

Only caught a glimpse I am sure it said

Renton, sickboy

And then a date

Should've paid more attention but was driving

I hope there will be