Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best Clubbing / Disco memories

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
On from previous threads re music and things you like

What are your best memories of clubbing / dancing etc from any era. So 50s for Len / Henry et al;-) through to the present day.

Me - Well been to Godskitchen quite a few times, done a bit of Gathering in a Global stylee etc, but gotta be said Arkane at Newcastle Uni circa 98/99. Best days of Trance.

Was visiting my sister who was at Uni up there. Did loads of stuff I shouldn't have and one evening particularly DJ Angel dropped such a great set (12pm-3am) that set me up for 6 hours of non stop off my head, totally tranced out tunes it still brings a smile to my face even now.

Tunes from Paul van Dyke, Binary Finary, Matt Darey Beautiful (ultimate choooooon!), Lost Witness, Freefall 68 - Skydive.

Never danced like that before (an no it wasn't just the class A) and probably never will again!!

Comments

• Options
    Went to creamfields in liverpool. it was madness. 2 in the afternoon untill 6 the next morning. saw judge jules, faithless, lisa lashes etc.
    was ok untill about 2 in the morning then all the scousers started to come down off all thier pills and it started to get a bit moody so we had to leave by about 3. the we realised that we were all pissed so couldnt drive home and ended up sleeping in a field. good memories of that day but NEVER again! tunes were good tho.

Liked the binary finery 99 version the best! tune that stuck out the most up there was phelix da house cat.

im more into bands now tho but still got a soft spot for the classic club anthems.
  • Options
    From the Mid 70's...Used to drive over to Croydon quite a bit. Mainly used to go to a club called Dr Jims.

From to late 70's to the early 80's...Used to frequent the pubs up the Old Kent Road. Gilly's was a laugh as was the Kentish Drovers. Stopped going to the Drovers when, one night, two car loads pulled up and out jumped the occupants wearing ski masks and carrying baseball bats. All of the windows went in when they realised they couldn't get through the doors. Needless to say, we didn't go back there.

Mid 80's...Started going to the Prince of Wales (Off the Old Kent Road) to get tickets for the Henry Cooper. Didn't go there for too long. The bouncers were always beating up the clientele.

Mid 80's to date...Stay in on a Friday night watching TV and having a mug of Horlicks before retiring to bed at 10pm