Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cape Verde

Other much thought and research. Holiday is finally booked. And you guessed it...

Cape Verde is the place.

To all those globe trotters (west stand mob) has anyone been? Heard about it etc?

Would love to get some stories before I travel. Any tips/advice always appreciated...

Comments

• Options
    cracking horse backed it when it won the 1000 guiness
  • Options
    Yes went there late last year for a week.

There is not a lot there so the quality of your holiday will be decided by the quality of the resort you chose.

• Options
    Where you staying?

Take jumper for the evening as it gets a bit chilly once the suns gone down.
  • Options
    Sorry - no advice but I'm interested in going some time - what's the health requirements? Do you need anti-malarial tablets plus all those horrible injections?
  • Options
    Sorry - no advice but I'm interested in going some time - what's the health requirements? Do you need anti-malarial tablets plus all those horrible injections?
    None
  • Options
    Just a jumper
  • Options
    Still being developed as a resort, improving all the time according to those in the know here in Portugal. Friendly people apparently. Not as good as The Algarve of course... ;-)
  • Options
    I went there 4 years ago and all that was there then was the hotel.
    I stayed in the Riu FUNANA which basically is mirror imaged with the Riu GAROPA.
    Beach is lovely, food was pretty good and entertainment was ok.
    I imagine it will be more developed now so my help might not be that useful.
    We really enjoyed it and used it as a relaxing break, we were there 2 weeks.
    Only thing is the blocks are spread out so you may end up doing some walking depending on location.
  • Options
    Amazing. Stayed at the Riu Funana for two weeks last year. Lovely food, lovely people. Beautiful beaches. Be careful if you go in the sea though and pay attention to the flag colours. The waves can be dangerous.
  • Options
    Where you staying?

Take jumper for the evening as it gets a bit chilly once the suns gone down.
    Lol, "Are you Henry in disguise"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    and make sure you bring some socks to wear with your sandals
  • Options
    Went here for some winter sun (Oct-ish I think) about 4 years ago and stayed in the RUI hotel you can see when you land (was the only building there...) The hotel was good and the staff were great, but for a winter holiday it was a bit rubbish...whilst no doubt it was sunny, the wind howled around the place so much that you couldn't sit on the beach, go in the pool as you were either sand blasted or frozen etc etc... For a couple with a 3 year old at the time who basically just wanted to chill in some winter sun on the beach/in the sea/in the pool, it was a bit of a disaster... Should have known when found out that various national windsurfing teams use the place as a training base... As said, couldn't fault the staff or hotel, but never again for winter sun....
  • Options
    Staying a Club Hotel Riu Garapo for 10 days.. Hoping to do a couple of excursions whilst there... All inclusive..