Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New TV show- Awake

Starts tomorrow night on Sky atlantic (9pm I think).

Saw a trailer for this and thought it looked quite interesting but don't get that channel on my Virgin box. Downloaded the 1st episode to see if I liked it and have now watched the first 9 episodes and really enjoying it..............

Comments

• Options
    Also thought the trailer looked good so will sky+ it.
  • Options
    Apart from the main (obvious) plot, it's got a couple of nice twists in there which I won't spoil for anyone.........
  • Options
    Can you give us a brief synopsis without giving too much away please? The title doesn't give much of a clue!
  • Options
    i saw the first episode, quite clever idea. the 2 shrinks don't make it easier for him
  • Options
    Can you give us a brief synopsis without giving too much away please? The title doesn't give much of a clue!
    Basically, it's all about this detective who is involved in a car crash with his wife & teenage son. He wakes up and his son died in the crash but wife survived. When he goes to sleep & re-awakes, his wife is dead but his son is alive. He constantly goes from one to the other, not knowing which is real, as he's convinced equally by both. In each scenario, he's assigned to see a shrink who tries to convince him that it's just a dream because he can't let go of his wife/son.

Much better than my summary though........................
  • Options
    Sounds right up my wife's street. Did my head just reading that!
  • Options
    It's excellent, only problem is it looks like it's going to be cancelled at the end of this season due to poor viewing figures. Hope they manage to reveal the truth by the end of it's 12 episode run.
  • Options
    It's excellent, only problem is it looks like it's going to be cancelled at the end of this season due to poor viewing figures. Hope they manage to reveal the truth by the end of it's 12 episode run.
    Really? shit. That's one thing that pisses me off with american shows. On the flip-side, Lost should have been cut after 3 series..................
  • Options
    Lost should have been cut after 3 series..................
    I could never find which channel that was on...
  • Options
    Lost should have been cut after 3 series..................
    I could never find which channel that was on...
    Or should have just added the word "interest" to the title.......................

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I also have watched up to episode 9 ( downloaded ) and I have stuck with it. Not because it's a great show but because I'm a fan of Jason Issacs .
    I've found the episodes a little dull and the story lines each week a bit samy but I'm willing to stick with it . I also heard it was being considered for scrapping and although i don't think Awake is anything special , 12 episodes is far to early.