Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best and worst managerial changes of the season

You'd have to say ousting Megson at Shef Wed worked a treat - and sacking Lee Clark at 'Udders was a catastrophe (who would have thought we'd finish 20 points ahead of them?)

Similarly, Wolves' sacking of McCarthy was pointless (they would still have gone down, but surely not quite so far adrift). Yet QPR's sacking of Warnock may yet be seen to have saved them.

On the other hand, Blackburn's decision to stay ''loyal'' to Steve Kean has probably cost them their premiership status.

Nominations for best and worst managerial changes of the season?

Comments

• Options
    I think thats possibly unfair to Warnock but hard to tell what would have happened if they kept him incharge.
  • Options
    at the end of jan wigan looked down and out, 15 points from 23 games and rooted at the bottom and 3 points adrift. the board would have been between a rock and a hard place on their next move. deers in headlights they did nothing and it looks to be great decision in sticking with martinez. hopefully wigan survive again.

i'd have sacked mcleish months ago.
  • Options
    The AVB sacking, suprisingly, looks like a good decision from chelsea.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I'm sorry I can't remember who he replaced but Ronnie Moore seems to be doing the business (agaiin) at Tranmere.
    Edit: it was Les Parry!
  • Options
    I'll admit that I thought getting rid of Megson would turn out to be a bad one but hindsight has proven me wrong.

Worst decision for more was getting rid of Mick MCarthy. Hasn't got them anywhere that one when I think his experience would have paid off eventually...or at least have left them in with a shout next week.
  • Options
    Good point about Wigan, they have an awful squad too so it's especially impressive what Martinez has done. 4-0 win recently was ridiculous too.

Compare their starting 11 to QPR's and it's an incredible achievement that they are still in it. Taiwo, Ferdinand, wright Phillips, Barton, Zamora, cisse etc. they've spent big.