Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karleigh Osborne to leave Brentford

Comments

• Options
    Maybe i am being harsh labeling him as "the weakest link"

I guess I just prefer us to get a new CB and Cort over him.
  • Options
    Echo what Scoham has said.

The biggest weakness in our side has been the number of players who are perhaps one-paced.

SCP recognised this at the time we signed Danny Haynes, so I would expect signings to include those with quick feet and handy acceleration.

• Options
    Taylor has been the main foundation as to why we have been really solid this year.

No idea if he will cut it in the championship. He is very slow, but that still doesn't mean he won't cut it, his abilty to read the game is superb and heading is amazing.
  • Options
    Taylor hasn't been a weak link, but I'd like us to sign a CB with pace that can potentially step up to the Prem.

Not seen enough of any of the above, will trust Powell on that.
    Taylor had one bad game last season against Notts County but apart from that he was a rock
  • Options
    Taylor was excellent but he tired towards the end of the season, which is why Cort was brought into the team. We definitely need more than 3 centre backs to be going on with in The Championship but I think Taylor will adapt to the league just fine. Might be left on his arse by some of the better forwards though
  • Options
    To be fair I think Taylor had never played a full season before so just tired.
  • Options
    Taylor was more than equal to league one forwards, but Championship strikers have pace and make their own chances. Not sure he can handle step up.
  • Options
    There are no certainties. I think Taylor deserves a chance, and we shouldn't underestimate the value to team morale from that.
  • Options
    He is getting on, wont be around forever anyway.

Powell should adopt my only buy players under 24 football manager policy..
  • Options
    4 bids shows that the club really wants him and has faith in his ability. He gets to stay in London as well. Young, up and coming player, who fits perfectly into the current profile of the squad. If he decides to move to Charlton, we are the first step of the way to having a very competitive team next season. A solid central defence is essential.

Morrisson, Cort, Osbourne and Matt Taylor is a pretty solid looking set of central defenders.

The best we have had for a long time. (Matt Taylor is pretty good quality as a covering central defender).

Lets hope Karleigh Osbourne joins Charlton. We are on the move up as a club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Four bids last summer though.

We may have wanted him then but we have since signed both Morrison and Cort.

May still want him now but Powell could well have moved on and be seeking better.
  • Options
    Dont think we need him what with Cort and Morrison and Taylor as back up, why did brentford keep him. Did they think he wasnt good enough?
  • Options
    I agree Jack. It's hard to see where we need strengthening tbh. Would Beavon be better than BWP? Would Freeman be better than Stephens? Would Osbourne be better than Cort? CP has a tricky job. Trust him to do it though.
  • Options
    defo think we need strengthening, just not at Cb neccesarily and certainlty not one who isnt deemed good enough for a mid table league 1 side. Which Freeman? (One at Notts County or one at Stevenage)
  • Options
    Brentford want to keep him but he's out of contract
  • Options
    wouldnt be comfortable with only 3 centre backs, think we definitely need another one and Osbourne seems good
  • Options
    Yer maybe saw Forest and Hull also intrested
  • Options
    Stevenage's Freeman.
  • Options
    Taylor, Morrison and Cort all strong and positionally sound which is enough in league 1 but they'll face pacier players more often in the championship. Don't know if Osbourne is the right player but Powell should definitely be looking to add mobility too the team in general, especially in defence.
  • Options
    We need a 4th CB, I'm sure Powell has his targets.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think everyone is forgetting Magnus Okuonghae from Colchester he is out of contract next month we were interested in him previously I belive
  • Options
    Over a season it wont be just the quality of your centre backs but the quality of their cover. Osborne, Morro, Taylor and Cort will see us sorted in that area thank you.
  • Options
    I think everyone is forgetting Magnus Okuonghae from Colchester he is out of contract next month we were interested in him previously I belive
    yeah but we didn't have 4 bids rejected for him.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Was very impressed with Okuonghae at The Valley, but at their place he looked very average. Not sure if he is the type of defender we need as he did not look the most mobile, Colchester's defensive record was also not that impressive last season.
  • Options
    Are we going to be signing Cort? I really hope he doesn't go back to Burnley. We definitely will need 1 or 2 more CB players, I agree with everyone we need someone better than Taylor (not saying Taylor isn't capable of Championship football, but I don't think he will keep up with a lot of the strikers in the league next season).
  • Options
    Are we going to be signing Cort? I really hope he doesn't go back to Burnley. We definitely will need 1 or 2 more CB players, I agree with everyone we need someone better than Taylor (not saying Taylor isn't capable of Championship football, but I don't think he will keep up with a lot of the strikers in the league next season).
    We signed him in Jan on an 18 month deal if im not mistaken.
  • Options
    Are we going to be signing Cort? .
    He signed an 18 month deal in Jan 2012

• Options

May still want him now but Powell could well have moved on and be seeking better.
    Richard Cawley tweeting that we don't want him now.

• Options

Richard Cawley tweeting that we don't want him now.

Must be joining us tomorrow.
  • Options
    We signed him in Jan on an 18 month deal if im not mistaken.
    Are we going to be signing Cort? .
    He signed an 18 month deal in Jan 2012

I thought he did, but I read somewhere a couple weeks back that he was still on loan! Probably just wasn't updated. Thanks for clearing it up though. :-)

I am glad we have him then for at least another season, he is such a beast!