Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Haye vs Chisora @ Upton Park

Comments

• Options
    So we get a couple of months of hype and threats, 'my dads bigger than your dad' etc, then the fight will last a round or two with the loser claiming he's been robbed and demanding a rematch whilst its all going off in the crowd.
  • Options
    Money money money --- hope they give all proceeds and profits to charity - if not it should be boycotted x
  • Options
    That is an utter joke
  • Options
    I hope Haye batters him!
  • Options
    Frank Warrens eyes were glowing in Munich when it kicked off there

As far as the fight is concerned, Haye will destroy Chisora

As far as the rest of this nonsense is concerned, whatever.

The undercard is well put together Burns V Mitchell will be a good un

Rahman v Povetkin (Povetkin will dance around and stop Rahman 9 in)

Billy Joe Saunders also on the bill. Hopefully Georgie Groves will be fit by then too

But this is a circus and boxing don't need it.
  • Options
    This is gonna be one mass brawl, In and out of the ring. Haye supporters = millwall scum at upton park , Should be a few seats thrown about.....??
  • Options
    When I was in Hamburg for the Klitschko fight loads of the Haye fans round me where from Bromley/Dartford and they didn't wreck the place

None of the 20,000 or so Haye fans wrecked the place.

The O2 was a bit different but I blame the Welsh for that!

Cheapest seat £50
  • Options
    Just seems like it was a set up from the start. If it is anything like hate klitschko fight then I have no interest in watching-probably the worst boxing match I have had the displeasure to see
  • Options
    You've been lucky in the fights you have seen mate!

It wasn't that bad, very time Haye went forward Wlad shat a brick
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Personally thought it was awful, all that build up, such a let down. Maybe it wasn't the worst, but more down to the fact it was hyped up for so long and I was so excited about watching it, and felt they let the hype surrounding the fight down. disappointed the Kahn fight looks like it is off
  • Options
    Froch v Bute won't let you down

Mitchell v Burns will be a tasty one

Scott Quigg v Rendall Munroe will be interesting

The hype is a necessary evil I'm afraid but Haye is a very exciting boxer, he is intelligent too (as much as he keeps trying to prove otherwise) and will change his style according to opponent. Watch his fights pre Mormeck, then watch how he has fought against Heavies since.
  • Options
    i'll have a scour of youtube and see what i can come up with!
  • Options
    anyone know how I could get tickets for this? Will try and link it in with Welling away
  • Options
    Why I am reminded of this?

Does anyone else remember that episode?
    Funnily enough, it was on TV a couple of weeks ago. The old football turn-stile in the hallway......................
  • Options
    So what happened to haye retiring and staying retired!
  • Options
    after his last cowardice effort he may feel he needs to show what he can do
  • Options
    You're all so cynical!

Ask yourself this - why try and set up a fight with a 'staged' brawl if there was going to be a chance that the fight then wouldn't be allowed to happen, or even worse, one of them may have been arrested and asked to do time.

I actually don't think it was staged!
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited May 2012
    The Dereck Chisora v David Haye grudge match on July 14 is not unlicenced or illegal - it's just not licenced by the British Boxing Board of Control (BBBC).

BBBC is a self-regulating body that makes and breaks its own rules, and it's not uncommon for another sanctioning organisation to appear: it's happened in several European countries down the years.

It's no good the BBBC coming out on the issue and saying, after the horse has bolted, that it's atrocious the fight will go ahead. Haye had no licence at the time of the Munich brawl, and Chisora subsequently had his suspended for an indefinite period.

If Chisora had been banned for a year then bosh, you know where you stand. If Haye would have got the same medicine then bosh, you know where you stand. But BBBC didn't do that; in theory, Chisora's suspension could have been for just a week.

Chisora appealed the decision, and his hearing was initially set for May before being pushed back to July, because the one of the QCs involved is tied up on a murder trial. That's too late a date for Del Boy - the window for a bout with Haye is by the end of July. So the fighters and those around them have decided to press ahead without BBBC backing.

But the big question is not whether it's right that Haye or Chisora take to the ring - instead, it's a long-term question over what affect their meeting is going to have on British boxing. Can boxers with a British licence fight on the bill? Trainers, seconds, promoters, whips with British licences, can they take part?

If they can't, then I would imagine those people would consider applying for a licence from the Luxembourg Boxing Association. What impact would that have on their British licence? This is what needs to be resolved.

There was a case a couple of years ago when the World Boxing Union (WBU) was formed, and BBBC said no-one holding its licence could in any way be involved with a WBU fight. People were threatened with suspension when they were involved.

So when BBBC comes out on the matter, it could bare its teeth - or it could sit down with the parties involved and work out a deal that doesn't leave it out of pocket and doesn't create all sorts of confusion.

This is a huge fight, one that would make BBBC several hundred thousand pounds which it can ill-afford to lose.

Haye's motivation for coming out of retirement is money, 100%. I'm not sure it's necessarily a more lucrative fight than one against Vitali Klitschko - but, while I'm not saying he'll definitely beat Chisora, it's definitely easier.

As for Chisora - well, there's a few rumours floating around that he's out of shape… I find that hard to believe, because talk of him fighting Haye has been floating around for a month or so. And besides, he likes a ten-week training camp, and if we assume he's already started his preparations, he's got time to squeeze that in and get himself sharp.
  • Options
    where can I get tickets at a reasonable price?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Eventim already have them in their website. Cheapest are £50 I think.
  • Options
    Thought the "beer bottle" smashed alittle to easy when haye hit chisora:
    Not that I'm suggesting it was "staged"......
  • Options
    It wasn't staged

Frank Warren just moved all the right pieces into the right melting pot and kerrr ching

£50 sheets cheapest ticket
  • Options
    Thought the "beer bottle" smashed alittle to easy when haye hit chisora:
    Not that I'm suggesting it was "staged"......
    perish the thought .. I've seen worse acting down the Old Vic
  • Options
    The bottle didn't smash? Watch it back.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Nothing to see here.
  • Options
    Wrong link
  • Options
    I feel the whole scenario is bringing boxing into disrepute, the authorities here should ban everyone who assists this farce. It will make us look weak to the rest of the boxing world.
    Box Nation would not survive if the boxing board refused to sanction any of their future promotions. Likewise any officials or other boxers associated with this should face bans.

I posted this on the other thread, it seems a lot of you agree with going against principles and sporting traditions?