Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Neil Mellor

Forced to retire aged 29. Shame. Decent player at Championship or League 1 level.

Comments

• Options
    he always looked to be overweight .. I suspect he was essentially a wasted talent .. gifted yet a bit of a party animal .. shame to be done at 29 though.
  • Options
    Preston certainly missed him this season, that's a blow to him and them
  • Options
    Do we know why?
  • Options
    Chronic knee complaint.
  • Options
    Serious knee injury on BBC website.
  • Options
    Never really rated him myself. Always thought his rep as a liverpool youngster was bigger than his actual ability.

I think my kness would be shot if I was running around a pitch carrying all that lumber........................
  • Options
    I liked him, I'm on the wasted talent side of the fence here
  • Options
    Had a great future ahead of him after that famous arsenal goal he scored, gone downhill since then. Good lower league player. Shame wish him the best in the future
  • Options
    Had a chance to chat with when Preston played the Seattle Sounders FC in 2007. Top class bloke ... to bad he was forced to retire
  • Options
    Saw him walking into Deepdale the other week when we played them. He was walking fine but it must be something pretty bad if he's only given it five months to heal.

He only got injured in December.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's a shame for him - should've had 4 or 5 years left to play. Hope he's got a plan B sorted.

Said on the news he was looking at pioneering surgery to give him a decent quality of life so it must be quite bad.