Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steve Perryman

Apologies if already mentioned elsewhere.

Just read he is in intensive care. Collapsed at the Exeter vs Sheff Utd game at the weekend and has had emergency heart surgery.

Only 60 years old.

Comments

• Options
    Good luck to the man, he was my sisters favourite in the 70's she didn't like spurs but loved stevie. Here's to a speedy recovery
  • Options
    Same with my wife, she always fancied him ...hope he recovers quickly, great player
  • Options
    Hope to recovers soon. He's been instrumental in turning Exeter's fortunes around since their post administration/ non league dark days.
  • Options
    Yeah good luck Steve.
  • Options
    A spurs legend. Get well soon Steve!
  • Options
    Was absolutely gutted to hear this on Saturday and have been looking out for updates since. There hasnt been much news coming out of Exeter. He had surgery late Sat evening and has been in ITU since. Exeter's statement said he would be uncontactable until further notice. So we're sitting with our fingers crossed.

Hope to god he pulls through. I was lucky enough to meet him through a mutual friend a couple of years ago and ended up chatting about Spurs with him for a good couple of hours, telling him with delight I'd watched a video of the 1972 UEFA Cup Semi when he scored two bloody amazing goals. Lovely down to earth bloke. He must have thought I was a complete freak but hey, I was star struck.

One of the Tottenham greats. Simple as that.
  • Options
    Was one of the biggest names around when I was a kid growing up following football.
    Great player and always seemed like a decent bloke.
    Wish him well for a full recovery.
  • Options
    Well i hope he recovers and all that but I cant forget the way he told me to go away when i asked for his autograph on the pitch at the valley , prob early 80's this was
  • Options
    All the best to Steve a great full back and servant to Spurs always thought he was a bit unlucky not to get an England cap. Lets hope his recovery goes well.
  • Options
    When i think of spurs i think of Perryman,hope it goes well for him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Finally some good news, was transferred from Intensive Care to a high dependency ward yesterday. Apparently he managed his first cup of tea since being taken ill too.
  • Options
    Was special guest at our end of season awards for my youth football team when I was about 8 years old. Lovely guy. Wish him all the best.
  • Options
    Finally some good news, was transferred from Intensive Care to a high dependency ward yesterday. Apparently he managed his first cup of tea since being taken ill too.
    Good news, I wish him a speedy recovery!
  • Options
    Was special guest at our end of season awards for my youth football team when I was about 8 years old. Lovely guy. Wish him all the best.
    I once bought the house next door to his in Ruislip for a redevlopment project.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I once bought the house next door to his in Ruislip for a redevlopment project.

You haven't bought anything in the Charlton area recently, have you?
    :-{

Sorry to hijack – Obviously, all the best to Steve for a rapid and complete recovery!
  • Options
    Take it no-one's told him about Saturday nights result then? Best they leave it for a few days..................................
  • Options
    Dont know if any of you have seen this... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20407028
  • Options
    Glad he recovered...
  • Options
    Yes, good to hear. I even forgive him for his blatant dive against us at WHL, which cost us the game and nearly relegation (he admitted he dived)
  • Options
    Always liked Steve perryman glad he is on the right road to recovery