Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Because I'm Special Brew...

edited May 2012 in Not Sports Related
Special has a bad reputation,'Tramps Juice' for one,but it was supped by Churchill in whose honour it was originally brewed.
On the rare occasion I have to choose lager it's always a Brew rather than those insipid Fosters,Stellar etc.
Tramp juice or Chuchillian?

Comments

• Options
    Twice the power of regular lagers,makes sense if you want to get the job done,never tried it myself so cant comment on the taste.
  • Options
    Syrup
  • Options
    Filth. Extra strength filth.

• Options
    its good if you like shouting at passing cars but not very good at a dinner party
  • Options
    I miss the word Tramp - use it over on this side of the Atlantic & people have no idea what you are talking about. They use Hobo, Bum or Vagrant - Tramp is much, much better...
  • Options
    Special has a bad reputation,'Tramps Juice' for one,but it was supped by Churchill in whose honour it was originally brewed.
    On the rare occasion I have to choose lager it's always a Brew rather than those insipid Fosters,Stellar etc.
    Tramp juice or Chuchillian?
    Is that why your user name is redskin?
  • Options
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/post/quote/48217/Comment_1212809

must be the first harold ramp with an iphone
  • Options
    You'll be rolling around the streets after 5 of those beasts. haha
  • Options
    its good if you like shouting at passing cars but not very good at a dinner party
    Funny
  • Options
    super kestrel man myself...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    High strength beers are meant to be sipped (like wine), rather than necked like a session beer!

• Options
    Tramp Juice, no question. Had a bottle of it to round off a session once and I ruined a pair of Vans trainers after I puked on 'em.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Not meant to be swigged in one go, AUN.

As you discovered.

lol
  • Options
    Quality Bad Manners song tho.
  • Options
    it is frowned upon by the alcohol police and wine snobs, can't think why
  • Options
    I miss the word Tramp - use it over on this side of the Atlantic & people have no idea what you are talking about. They use Hobo, Bum or Vagrant - Tramp is much, much better...
    Well, Bum Juice just doesn't bear thinking about.
  • Options
    Shame the extra strong brews taste like muk. Get into the European beer if you like strong beers.
  • Options
    Tennants Stupor, fine scottish ale
  • Options
    Tenants Super fuelled many a band rehearsal when I was in my 20s - could explain our lack of success...
  • Options
    Anything that is undrinkable unless it is chilled to minus 20 degrees is not a decent pint.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Special brew I love you but I know that you lova me too...rubbish beer but a gret tune
  • Options
    Filth. Extra strength filth.

Brewist.
  • Options
    Drank it at a New Year's Eve party aged 14. It was my first taste of lager and I assumed it was typical of the genre. Quite liked it, but did a bit of falling over later.
  • Options
    used to drink it in parks when i was underage. Would never touch it now
  • Options
    Found a place in Milan that served Tennents Scotch, even stronger than the Super version. That was an interesting night
  • Options
    Had 4 cans of this stuff when I was 16, fell over in a puddle...never again!
  • Options
    Had 4 cans of this stuff when I was 16, fell over in a puddle...never again!
    Same here, last had it when I was 13. Brings back bad memories of being violently sick. I ended up sticking to Thunderbirds and Diamond White until I discovered beer aged 15.
  • Options
    I remember Thunderbird. Lady tramp juice.
  • Options
    Just can't drink the stuff. Anyone tried that ridiculously strong beer? Can't remember the percentage. Bulldog was one of the makes but I think they were trumped