Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Music Site - I'm Confused

edited May 2012 in Not Sports Related
www.melodig.com

Type in the name of an album and it pulls up youtube links to a lot of songs in that record, it's very structured. ie type in Beck - Sea Change & it lists the whole LP with links to most songs.

It has links to pretty much album i have thrown at it.

Is this something unique or are there other better sites?

Is it legal?

Sorry if this is like me asking "hey have you heard about that new Facebook site?", but i've never seen this before...

Comments

• Options
    Interesting! It's not failed me on about 12 obscure albums. Cold be huge, then again it could be closed down next week.
  • Options
    Interesting! It's not failed me on about 12 obscure albums. Cold be huge, then again it could be closed down next week.
    Or you're not as cool as you think you and those obsucure records of yours aren't that obscure after all! (Winky thing)

• Options
    Oh trust me, 80's prog rock is obscure. ;-)
  • Options
    I reckon it won`t find Plain and Fancy - Bellamy Brothers.
    I cannot find a CD anywhere I have the vinyl but wanted to update to CD.
  • Options
    Bloomin' heck - it even found the Fusion Orchestra, okay only one song but they didn't exactly set the world alight.
  • Options
    I got it to fail - Scraping Foetus Of The Wheel. It had the shell of the album, but nothing would play.
  • Options
    It's probably built using yahoo pipes or similar, I only found out about it today. I imagine lots of sites and similar could be built using this. I'm no expert though!
  • Options
    you could just do the same on youtube and it would have the same effect, the only difference with this site is it also relates to yahoo, google etc.. nothing to special
  • Options
    great site.......
    works well with a mac as well......
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Unbelievable Jeff! A friend of mine was in a band which released 2 singles and then disappeared without a trace - they are there - both singles!

A while back I saw that a copy of one of those singles was up for sale for £17 - I told my mate and he said "I've got 50 in my loft". I suggested he didn't flood the market with them...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    you could just do the same on youtube and it would have the same effect, the only difference with this site is it also relates to yahoo, google etc.. nothing to special
    Yeah but does Youtube sort it by album or single/e.p etc ?? Thats why this seems unusual to me.....
  • Options
    Blimey it even passes the 'fresh maggots' test
  • Options
    Handy little tool that's now been bookmarked. :-)
  • Options
    Excellent find.....safely bookmarked. Public Foot The Roman, indeed.
  • Options
    Doesn't find Missing Andy - Generation Silenced but still a pretty cool idea. 100% legal as well from the 1st comment, they're just sharing links from youtube not giving you the chance to download by ripping the sound. But a future idea could be is put a Amazon link to buy it later down the line with them getting commission.
  • Options
    I use Grooveshark as can't get on youtube at work
  • Options
    some good 70's,
    Humble Pie, Pink Fairies, Curved Air etc.
  • Options
    Seemingly not - so far I've found some Twelfth Night, IQ, Pendragon and even Brum based Marillion copyists ARK (though that one didn't play which may have been a good thing!)
  • Options
    Seemingly not - so far I've found some Twelfth Night, IQ, Pendragon and even Brum based Marillion copyists ARK (though that one didn't play which may have been a good thing!)
    Not playing any prog rock would be a good thing................
  • Options
    that is a pretty good website ... cheers
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hmmm... could be a nice little companion to KeepVid! :)
  • Options
    Even found Jadis but got it on Primitive Instinct