Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Circle Line pub crawl

Awaits me today for a stag.

Anyone done it before ? Any tips ?

Comments

• Options

Yes.

After the initial pint, consider half pints. Time is the trickiest thing, certain members in your group will become obsessed in finishing the crawl and you can find yourself catching a cab to travel very short distances just to save 2 minutes and help complete the crawl.
  • Options
    Always be faster than your slowest drinker. That way you will never be told to "down" it.
  • Options
    Did it many years ago and it's certainly a challenge. I agree with SheffieldRed though. You're going to need to stick to shorts or halves if you plan to still be standing at the halfway stage.

Monopoly Board is even more of a challenge by the way.

Have fun!
  • Options
    My tip ?: A quote from the Duke of Wellington to his troops before Waterloo: 'Men .. good venture, have courage, and piss when you can'
  • Options
    I'd love to give it a go AFKA, let us know how you get on! Have a goodun.
  • Options
    Now they've re-opened the station, The Blackfriar is a good bet. If you get out at Westminster, St Stephens tavern is nice (though it may be a little small depending on the size of your party). There's a couple of good pubs within crawling distance of Liverpool Street - Raliway Tavern, for instance. Don't bother stopping at Tower Hill unless you've still got some legs in which case the Hung Drawn and Quartered is ok. There's some good pubs near St James's Park; in particular The Feathers is right opposite the station.
  • Options
    Cheers chaps, can't see the ones I'm with sticking to the plan and fully expect to be holed up within a few hours in some Shoreditch grothole. Better take plenty of pound coins :-)
  • Options
    If you do find yourself 'at a loose ends in Shoreditch, I can strongly recommend a sesh in Browns. Especially if you're on a stag do!

; )
  • Options
    cheating powder will get you through it, haha!

enjoy.
  • Options
    not done the circle line but done the monopoly board a few years ago.
    carnage.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This
    Always be faster than your slowest drinker. That way you will never be told to "down" it.
    And This!
    cheating powder will get you through it, haha!

enjoy.
    Have a good'un!
  • Options
    Take photo i.d and a baby step to reach the bar.
  • Options
    Monopoly Board is even more of a challenge by the way.
    Did that a couple of years ago - full pints but over a two day stag do. Brilliant weekend, it's a good laugh.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Stick to halfs only. The London Marathon for consumers of the amber nectar.
  • Options
    carnage.
    Did you go dressed as an iron or a top hat?
  • Options
    carnage.
    Did you go dressed as an iron or a top hat?
    no.
    there was another group we kept meeting doing the same thing but they were all dressed as cavemen.

we met at 11 and things were going ok until we got to a pub on the strand i think. this pub was showing an england match so instead of keeping on moving around the board, some of us decided to stay to watch the match and try to catch up with the others after. big mistake.
  • Options
    Never done the Circle Line but did the Monopoly Board some years ago, in the days when the pubs closed during the afternoons, making it just that little bit more challenging.
  • Options
    Done the Monopoly twice, absolute marathon!

Timing is so hard considering you always get some who just nurse their drinks.

Get in, buy, drink, move on - no messing about!
  • Options
    cheating by doing it this weekend. Farringdon closed for the last time.