Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

best match of the play offs so far...

Cheltenham v torquay.

1-0 to the robins.

plenty of attacking football. so far its worth a watch.

Comments

• to my mind the best game so far has been the brum/blackpool 2nd leg. What is interesting is how the standard of play in the 2nd division games is so much better than that in the 1st division play offs.
  • Yeah Brum v Blackpool especially the second half.

The Cheltenham game has been decent.
  • for a first leg it has been pretty good. shame torquay hasent got a goal back to make the second leg more exciting. some great football at times and neither side affraid to have a shot.
    the brum/pool game was decent. both sides had a half each. glad the pool got through.
  • to my mind the best game so far has been the brum/blackpool 2nd leg. What is interesting is how the standard of play in the 2nd division games is so much better than that in the 1st division play offs.
    it is odd how thats so. apart from Huddersfield our old division has been poor in quality in both the first legs. makes you wonder why. tactics are more negative. teams are more nervous. dont know...
  • perhaps in the 1st division budgets are bigger, expectations higher, managers more ambitious and under greater pressure than in the bottom division .. high expectations, pressure, cynicism, conservatism, too frightened to take too many chances, too much to lose, last chance saloons ??
  • good game ... McGlashan is a good lad !!
  • edited May 2012
    perhaps in the 1st division budgets are bigger, expectations higher, managers more ambitious and under greater pressure than in the bottom division .. high expectations, pressure, cynicism, conservatism, too frightened to take too many chances, too much to lose, last chance saloons ??
    yep...all of them really.

you would think then stevanage would be bloody loving it as they have done great to even be there. then again, you think, we could be in the championship in a couple of games time...pressure on again. for sheffield it must be torture, as it has been for us in the past.
  • Mk dons vs Hudds
  • I don't think it's the standard, more the approach. Sheff Utd's main objective was to get bodies behind the ball, not concede and hope to get something from the break -probably because the loss of Evans has caused them to change their approach. Stevenage were reluctant to get bodies forward against them, probably because they are not uncomfortable getting something from Brammell Lane where United will be under pressure and more open and they are a defensive minded side despite getting some big wins this year.
  • Of the remaining 4 semi finals, 2 are very nicely poised whilst the other 2 certainly are not forgone conclusions. Expect a few twists yet.

Huddersfield may start to panic if MK get an early goal, with their recent play off record, that could be a very interesting 2nd leg.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think the Sheff Utd v Stevenage is still 50 -50 but Huddersfield look like they have done enough.